o plan, coordinate and manage the operation of the Maintenance Department through, planning and implementation of effective procedures, training programs, preventive maintenance program and ongoing maintenance repair program. The maintenance manager will ensure that the department is able to support the Production Department in meeting customer requirements.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates the activities of the maintenance group ensuring scheduling support for each shift and supervises maintenance personnel as required.
- Develops and maintains preventive maintenance program to ensure line equipment is performing properly minimizing unnecessary downtime.
- Works closely with supervisors to ensure employees are trained and preventative maintenance procedures are followed. Develops and maintains an effective training program for mechanics.
- Plans maintenance and project work on a routine basis based upon input from production, engineering and scheduling groups.
- Monitors equipment for proper and safe operation.
- Maintains a changeover parts system for changing parts and reducing the amount of time needed for line changeovers.
- Works closely with engineering on new product startups and special projects. Also recommends equipment modification and upgrades as necessary.
- Ensures that employees work in a safe and efficient manner at all times
- High School Diploma/GED with 5 years experience in field or related area - bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience as a Maintenance Manager or Supervisor in a manufacturing environment required.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Lean manufacturing experience, have used and understand Lean Manufacturing tools.