We are working with an international Chemical Company, a major producer of a wide range of chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world to fill a key role in this chemical processing plant. This plant has had a major management shift with a new plant manager that has just come on board recently and is looking to upgrade the talent level; and the corporation is spending money to update equipment, systems, and personnel to world class levels. This is your opportunity to make the impact that you have been looking for in your career.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN THIS ROLE
If selected, you will manage and continually develop site Maintenance work processes and employees, ensuring regulatory compliance, and demonstrate ability to deliver results and performance on best industry practice level. Your staff will include ten to fifteen non-union team members as well as the reliability lead and reliability engineer.
• Work with the plant manager to provide input to maintenance management policies, strategies and annual objectives for the site.
• Being an active member of site management team with collective responsibility for site performance. Develop and implement maintenance strategy, plans, objectives and goals for this site. Contribute to the development of the maintenance strategy for this business unit.
• Ensuring compliance with relevant federal, state and local laws and regulations, as well as corporate directives, standards, procedures and guidance notes related to Maintenance and inspections etcetera.
• Developing, managing and ensuring realization of the annual maintenance plan for the site, including cost budget – being able to manage execution and deliver results in accordance with the plan.
• Managing maintenance work processes and systems/rules/procedures for the site.
• Attract, lead, coach, appraise and develop department employees, ensure staffing and stimulate talent management. Responsible for managing Maintenance department activities and employees in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and corporate rules.
• Keeping up with internal and external developments and ensure development, transfer and retention of knowledge and information. This includes laws and regulations, corporate rules and best industry practices. This includes development, implementation and continual improvement of Maintenance training programs and plans.
• Responsible for the site intranet related to maintenance. This includes the maintenance documentation system, SAP PS master data, operational data and input.
• Providing insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses for the site.
• Building and maintaining a network of internal and external stakeholders/partners and represent the site in maintenance matters.
• Defining, planning, managing and coordinating assigned portfolio of projects and ensure execution and delivery.
• Special authorities: Signing off for department related purchases and contracts.
• Acting as a back-up for Site Director on short term absence after specific notice.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably in Chemical, Mechanical or ElectricalEngineering.
• At least ten (10) years’ overall experience in the Maintenance field with at least ten (5) years direct experience in maintenance or process management in a chemical processing plant operations
• Possess strong knowledge of chemical process equipment
• Supervisory experiencerequired with demonstrated ability to manage, lead and motivate people; Ability to effectively delegate responsibility and manage the work activities of others
• Ideal individual will have experience managing capital projects in excess of 1 million dollars
• Experience with Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing: Black Belt certification would be desirable to lead this function to world class status
• Experience with developing site maintenance concepts and with standards maintenance work processes
• Good general knowledge of OSHA standards, Process Safety Management, Hazard Study concepts and general management concepts
• Experience with SAP strongly preferred
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and remain focused and organized.
• Ability to be decisive and make decisions to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
• Must have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office for presentations.