The Maintenance Manager sets priorities and coordinates crew activities and assignments and is responsible for the daily maintenance, repairs and upgrades to converting or corrugated equipment; Serves as a technical resource for management. Typically has previous supervisory experience.
- Oversee maintenance department and manage employees.
- Ensure a safe work environment and full environmental compliance from all regulatory agencies through implementation of all related company policies and practices
- Report to Site Manager any information that may impede the operation of the plant as soon as it becomes known, while providing technical expertise regarding plant equipment and facilities.
- Initiate and/or maintain a cost-effective preventive maintenance program and Implement quality improvement and cost reduction ideas.
- Contact and work with vendors and subcontractors to achieve desired results.
- Maintains adequate inventories of spare parts and Purchase materials, parts, and supplies as required.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems.
- High school diploma or Equivalent.
- Demonstrated personnel supervisory skills.
- Four years maintenance experience in a manufacturing plant.
- Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- College and/or related technical courses.
- Five years’ experience in the corrugated box industry with heavy experience in electronics, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electricity.
- Action oriented
- Customer/Quality Focused
- Organizational Skills
- Developing Direct Reports
- Building Effective Teams
- Priority Setting
- Process Management
- Conflict Management
- Decision Quality