Leads all aspects of the site maintenance processes and reliability directly and indirectly through subordinate supervisors to ensure and improve the reliability of the plant equipment at large sites consistent with business and manufacturing goals. Provides direction to the maintenance organization, including work plans, priorities, planning, scheduling, material coordination, reliability, outage management and spare parts inventory.
Directs Maintenance Processes
• Directs all manufacturing preventative and breakdown maintenance to ensure that physical assets are maintained to the highest possible standard and production lines are continuously available to meet sales requirements
• Oversees maintenance for all production units across the site. Engages site stakeholders as needed consistent with aligned decision making authority matrix
• Drives maintenance excellence across the site
• Oversees the planning and execution of plant outages, minimizing cost and maximizing customer service.
Participates in the development and refining of the site strategies
• Contributes to the overall process decisions to ensure Manufacturing maximizes its short-, medium-, and long-term profitability. Supports the strategy and implementation of functional initiatives that impact the site
Manages the day-to-day operation of the site Maintenance team
• Provides expertise, promotes teamwork, and aligns work processes to achieve high performance standards, established targets, objectives and employee engagement goals.
• Implements an optimum site Maintenance organization structure in line with the site’s Organization Development Strategy
• Oversees and manages staffing for Maintenance. Sets priorities via clear work plans and goals. Adjusts staffing to reflect changing priorities. Trains workforce, manages overtime, and addresses employee satisfaction concerns
Oversees the implementation EH&S strategies within Maintenance
• Ensures 100% compliance with regulatory requirements within Maintenance. Drives shared learning by employees. Leads interactions with EH&S and other manufacturing resources to identify and implement best practices
Manages financial budgets within Maintenance
• Oversees and manages site Maintenance budget, as well as compensation and benefits budgets and costs, including overtime
Requirements Education & Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum of ten years experience in Manufacturing, including maintenance reliability
• Minimum of five years experience in Management/Supervision
• Experience managing budgets and understanding of business financials
• Experience effectively managing projects within timeline