$150K — $200K *
The Maintenance Manager reports to the Sr. Project Manager. and has shared responsibility for work planning, work task auditing, contractor scheduling and coordination, safety adherence, budgetary controls, and management responsibilities for the maintenance team. This individual oversees total maintenance operations consisting of managing all facility equipment and maintenance mechanics. Responsible for managing, developing and improving Preventative Maintenance and Predictive Maintenance Reliability Programs. This person is also responsible for developing the skillset for the maintenance team including apprentice program management.
• Maintenance Manager has the ability to assist the maintenance technicians in complex mechanical, or electrical repairs, as required, and understands PLCs, and programming of equipment such as variable speed drives.
• Follows, without exception, all work instructions and safety rules, including the use of all PPE and safety gear. Reinforces the instructions and rules with peers. Sets example for the general housekeeping and 5S of the entire plant.
• Leads the maintenance team in safe work practices.
• Develop and implement Operational Discipline for the maintenance team.
• Represents company core competencies and values in all activities.
• Detailed understanding of OSHA requirements as they pertain to daily activities.
• Performs site safety orientation for all contractors.
• Specific safety knowledge with respect to the plant and facility equipment.
• Leads safety in all actions, including start up to shut down & lockout / tag out procedures for all responsibilities.
• Displays extensive knowledge of, and manages the labeling, disposal, and documentation for hazardous waste, per appropriate work instructions.
• Exhibits excellent forklift, boom lift, scissor lift, yard truck and track mobile skills. Must be trained and able to audit other operators on all mobile equipment used in the plant.
• Ability to promptly and appropriately react to site emergencies with regards to injuries or equipment failures.
• Leads execution to all Life Critical procedures including LOTO, Confined Space, Arc Flash, Hot Work, etc.
• Leads the predictive and preventative maintenance activities for the facility.
• Shares and benchmarks best maintenance practices with other sister sites.
• Insures the responsibilities as required for the Quality System for the plant are met.
• Works with the site scheduler and plant manager to schedule preventive maintenance in a manner to maintain safety for operations and to maximize quality for production.
• Completes maintains and processes all necessary documents pertaining to repairs, purchases and other appropriate activities.
• Coordinates all contractor activity for site repairs and for designated capital projects.
• Trains Journeyman, Master Mechanic and Maintenance Mechanics and helpers on essential duties.
• Examines plant systems to diagnose problems and prevent failures.
• Provides and directs maintenance on all plant electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, and other systems, plus general maintenance, with limited supervision.
• Reviews and reports on data in the Upkeep PM system, and other computer systems, as appropriate.
• Troubleshoots problems and performs research to determine the most cost effective corrective solution. Consults with Facility Engineers and Continuous Improvement Leader, and presents results and alternatives.
• Holds mechanics accountable to annual goals and objectives and reviews their performance regularly.
• Within the scope of knowledge, and abilities, installs new equipment.
• Assists other mechanics in projects outside of their area of specific expertise.
• Develops appropriate metrics to drive continuous improvement of the maintenance function.
•Supervise Maintenance Mechanics and Electricians (total of 14), Crib Attendant and PM Process Coordinator
•Shared responsibility for the cost control to budget for the maintenance department, as well as other departments that directly impact the maintenance budget. Ability to obtain competitive quotes, generate purchase requisitions, and support verify confidentiality agreements and master service agreements.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field required.
• A combination of 10+ years of technical training and experience.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a maintenance management role.
• 5 + years skills in mechanics (pumps, mixers, machinery repair), and electrical, including basic PLC troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of various trade fundamentals (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, HVAC, PLC, controls interface software, etc.) sufficient to deal with general repairs.
• Ability to be on 24-hour call, as needed
• Adage or SAP experience in purchase requisitioning
• PLC background
• Solid working knowledge of computer applications (MS Office suite, internet accessibility, Maintenance/PM systems)
• Good math, reading, communication, and organizational skills.
• Equipment Inventory management including critical spares
• Ability to read and mark up P&IDs
• Ability to read single line electrical drawings
Valid through: 8/26/2020
$250K — $500K+
8 days ago
$250K — $500K+
8 days ago
$80K — $100K
41 days ago