To direct and manage all plant maintenance related duties as they pertain to improving and maintaining the operation of Juice Plant with the direct responsibility of improving and maintaining the upkeep and performance of plant equipment. Responsible for schedule creation and overseeing the adherence and timely completion of work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage crews on best practices and establish standard policies and procedures while mentoring and leading the department.
- Maintain and operate production related equipment and responsible for the replacement of parts and inventory related to the facility.
- Design and maintain a preventive maintenance program.
- Maintain plant buildings and grounds. Have a good understanding of auxiliary equipment such as water systems, air compressors, steam generators, refrigeration systems, etc.
- Communicate both in written and verbal with equipment manufacturers and vendors.
- Must fully train personnel in basic through high-level maintenance tasks.
- Schedule, direct and manage a work force. Practice and enforce good safety habits.
Ability to move around in food processing facilities, sometimes through narrow passages, in wet areas, or on elevated platforms. Sit and stand for long periods of time. Ability to operate computer and other office equipment. Must be able to work in different temperatures, as hot as 110° F and as cold as 32° F. Work in a high noise area.
- College degree in Engineering preferred.
- Applicant must have a minimum of five years of managerial/supervisory experience.
- Electrical and PLC experience a must.
- Must be knowledgeable in Production Plant design and operation, safety, food safety, and job duties pertaining to plant engineering and maintenance.
- Must be knowledgeable in plant engineering management; i.e. preventative maintenance programs, personnel, staff training and development, and all other related functions.
- Must possess great decision making and time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record.
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen.