About the Position
Manage and direct the Business Center Maintenance activities. Establish and execute maintenance and engineering objectives to continuously improve equipment reliability. Manage and continuously improve preventive and predictive maintenance systems. Manage the Business Center maintenance staff to continuously improve maintenance and engineering labor utilization.
- Lead the continuous improvement of equipment reliability by driving PM and TPM systems in the Business Center.
- Continue to develop more efficient preventive and predictive systems, with the end goal of driving down overall maintenance downtime.
- Manage the schedules and work of the skilled trades’ associates to drive improved labor utilization. Ensure skilled trades’ associates are adequately trained.
- Analyze costs of maintenance and engineering activities in the Business Center.
- Analyze downtime information and implement solutions to repetitive problems.
- Lead energy and environmental improvements in the Business Center.
- Support capital projects from a Business Center perspective including participation/approval of new projects.
- Ensure Business Center resources complete projects as needed.
- Manage the engineering and maintenance costs of the Business Center in accordance with the annual AOP.
- Continuously drive solutions that reduce cost including labor, overtime, parts, contractors, and operating items.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or 10-15 years heavy industrial manufacturing experience.
- Minimum of five years engineering/maintenance management experience in an industrial environment.
- Experience in leading continuous improvement initiatives including Preventive and Predictive maintenance systems.
- Experience in a union environment (preferred).
- Requires the ability to direct cross-functional work groups to achieve Business Center equipment reliability objectives, goals, and timeline.
- Requires strong communication, business, technical, analytical, and planning skills.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Computerized layout, spreadsheet and database management.
- Ability to understand plant layouts, capital estimating, associate-man computations and manufacturing equipment processes.
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills.
- Knowledge of PM and TPM methodologies.