The individual will manage the Maintenance and Support Service functions to provide a continuous and efficient operation for Corporate Facilities at the Cary Campus. The individual will act as a Project Leader on facility engineering and renovation projects. The incumbent directs all personnel engaged in the maintenance and support function of Corporate Facilities at the Cary Campus. The individual in this role will support the functions of six buildings. The Maintenance Manager reports directly to the Manager of Facilities Services.
- Direct the Maintenance Department to provide continuous and efficient operation of the laboratory and office functions of LORD Facilities within the Cary Campus.
- Supervise contracted service work dealing with maintenance and utilities to ensure the efficient operation and comfortable work environment at the Cary Campus.
- Participate on the Safety Committee to facilitate safe and secure operation of the Cary Campus.
- Act as chief liaison with Cary Facilities Manager regarding capital projects for the Cary site to ensure the compatibility of new installations with existing building construction and utilities.
- Provide the highest quality of maintenance services, through Computer Facility Maintenance Management systems and energy management systems, to improve facility productivity and reduce equipment failures.
- Direct the Maintenance and Administrative Staff ensuring efficient and timely accomplishment of tasks for the LORD Cary site.
- Provide and direct financialbudgets and control expenses to maintain an economical and cost efficient facilities and maintenance operation.
- Provide coordination of LORD employees, service providers, and contractors for Capital and site project work.
- Provide administration, organization, and training direction to departmental staffs.
- Support the Facility Environmental Safety and Health Officer with training and safety initiatives.
- Be self-motivated, a team player, and have the ability to do the job without direct supervision.
- Maintain technical knowledge through training and seminars.
- Take part in supervisory development.
- Provide advice and council to executive office.
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Environmental Management, or related discipline.
- 5-10 years of business/corporate facilities experience and skills.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance skills, both theoretical and practical, in the field of mechanics, electricity, hydraulics, HVAC, piping, compressed air, lighting ,microprocessor controls, and related disciplines.
- Working knowledge of personal computer systems relating to maintenance operations, administrative functions, and statistical analysis techniques.
- Proficiency in word processing, database applications, spreadsheets, and graphical packages.
- Exceptional planning, organization and administrative skills.
- Ability to work on cross functional teams, lead project teams, and direct and develop department employees.
- Ability to be an effective leader while identifying and resolving problems.
- Ability to communicate with LORD groups and personnel at all levels.
- Ability to solicit and manage teams of outside contractors and service providers.
- Ability to develop and implement policy and procedures.
- Ability to interface with governmental bodies and insurance underwriters.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate contracts.
- Ability to maintain a level of confidentiality.
- Dedication to continuous improvement.
- Ability to be self-directed and an individual contributor.
- Experience in hazardous waste management, safety, security and administration functions.
- Experience with SAP.
- Experience with Fleet Vehicle management.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
LORD Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.