$80K — $100K *
FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
Primarily responsible for developing, implementing, and driving strategies, that will improve overall maintenance practices and processes to increase and sustain equipment up-time; while lowering repair costs, material inventory levels, and operational costs.
Provide overall leadership and direction to the reliability function. This position is responsible to the Plant Director for the safe, effective, and efficient use of all manpower, materials, parts, and other resources under their control as well as providing capacity, asset reliability and best life cycle cost to the operation.
Under minimal direction, the incumbent is responsible for defining, implementing, and managing the systems, maintenance organization structure, and processes necessary to achieve and sustain the reliability mission. Through their efforts, a proactive culture which fosters open communication and trust that values reliability, efficiency, and effective life cycle asset management is achieved.
PRINCIPAL CONTINUING RESPONSIBILITIES
• Facilitates excellent environmental, health and safety programs.
• Develops and controls the maintenance budget that provides for optimized spending to achieve the agreed upon capacity and asset reliability.
• Ensures standard reliability and maintenance work processes are followed. Implements and tracks maintenance KPIs. Analyzes operational data and equipment performance history to deliver improvements in critical maintenance related metrics / KPIs.
• Develops and leads the reliability process to continuously improve equipment uptime and reduce related maintenance cost. Develops and executes maintenance strategies to achieve plant availability of 90%+.
• Implements and details Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMP) on plant equipment.
• Manages reliability-related communications and best practice sharing.
• Manages the reliability workforce, develops succession plans, skills assessments, and training.
• Manages the parts warehouse to maintain critical spares, minimize necessary inventory and automate materials requisition functions.
• Periodically benchmarks current performance with internal and external sources to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Enforces Management of Change processes. Ensures the reliability strategy is properly executed.
• Fosters a culture that does not tolerate equipment failures and seeks to understand and eliminate the causes using techniques such as Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
• Implements organizational structure, systems, tools, and technologies that promote a proactive approach to maintenance.
• Ensures effective use and integration of standard corporate work order planning, scheduling, and materials kits.
• Develops, recommends, and implements strategies for improving the reliability of the manufacturing processes.
• Quality and Food Safety – Ensure maintenance of machineries and construction of equipment to meet quality and food safety standards on open product zone areas. Develop and maintain plant preventative maintenance program. Document corrective action on preventive maintenance performed. Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Del Monte Foods Quality Systems to assure compliance with quality and food safety requirements.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Failure Modes & Effect Analysis preferred
• Prior experience with standard corporate maintenance workflow processes
• Demonstrated ability to lead Root Cause Failure Analysis reviews
• Must possess a demonstrated high degree of tact in dealing with both plant staff and maintenance personnel
• Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills required
• Excellent administrative and analytical skills including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
• Strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills required
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and priorities at one time
• Strong PC-skills relating to spreadsheet, database, and word processing programs.
• Demonstrated experience with CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) or comparable system required, preferably experience in SAP Plant Maintenance and Materials Management Modules.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Industrial technology, or equivalent work experience with minimum of 5 years’ experience in reliability and/or maintenance positions required. Non-degreed candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience.
REQUIRED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in reliability and/or maintenance positions required. Experience within a food manufacturing setting, preferred.
Del Monte Foods is one of the country's largest and most well-known producers, distributors and marketers of premium quality, branded food products for the U.S. retail market, generating approximately $1.7 billion in net sales in fiscal 2017. With a powerful portfolio of brands, Del Monte products are found in six out of ten U.S. households. Brands include Del Monte®, Contadina®, S&W®, College Inn® and other brand names. For more information on Del Monte Foods, visit the Company's website at www.delmontefoods.com. WE OFFER: * Competitive salary * Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k) .
Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
No sponsorship is available for this position. No agencies or 3rd party vendors.
400 Yosemite Blvd, Modesto, California 95354
Valid through: 6/29/2021