Our client is a growing Global Leader in the manufacturing of Specialty Chemicals used in industrial and consumer products. We are conducting a search for an experienced Maintenance Manager for their Chicago, IL area Chemical manufacturing site. Reporting to the Site Manager this individual will manage all maintenance operations including preventative, predictive, reliability improvement, and emergency repairs and maintenance of equipment, buildings, utilities and facilities. Assists in the development of capital plans. Reviews safety & health aspects of site maintenance and construction. This includes:
- Develop and implement site maintenance program including predictive, preventative and emergency work procedures and protocols.
- Manage Department consisting of a Maintenance Supervisor, Reliability Engineer, Maintenance Planner/Scheduler, I&E Tech Leader, Storeroom Coordinator, 11 Multi-Craft workers, and 5 Boiler House Personnel
- Assist in developing site capital plan. Ensure repairs and maintenance costs are controlled to agreed levels.
- Develop and implement reliability improvement procedures, projects and practices.
- Assist in establishing and implementing training programs in order to increase the effectiveness of maintenance and operations personnel.
- Manage and control the maintenance budget for personnel, equipment and materials as assigned.
- Ensure safety compliance and develop department awareness.
- Ensure that downtime due to equipment problems is below agreed standards for all unit operations in particular those units that are production bottlenecks.
- Implement reliability based engineering techniques to all key plants including preventative maintenance practices where relevant.
- Ensure that contractor management is such that only competent, well trained personnel enter the site and in particular demonstrate a high level of safety performance.
- Recruit and train staff as required to meet the organizational and individual development needs of the department.
- Ensure that open dialogue is maintained with union officials and that all grievances are handled in an efficient and appropriate manner.
- Supervise emergency repair, routine maintenance and preventative maintenance of plan equipment to maintain the mechanical condition of the plant and improve operating efficiency in a safe manner.
- Ensure efficient and reliable operation of Company utilities.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Maintenance Engineering/Management in a chemical or similar manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 5years (10 preferred) experience in engineering associated with a manufacturing environment.