The primary function of this position is to lead and develop the maintenance and engineering department at our client's Cedar Rapids area location. This position is responsible for the reliable performance of the operations across the site. In addition, accountable for a multi-million-dollar maintenance budget and is in control of capital expenditures budget. Responsible for the growth and development of a team of 35+ employees
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, write, and publish Maintenance Department SOP’s, PM’s, Safety Programs, etc. and subsequently train the applicable personnel.
- Participate in, or lead, specific studies directed at continuous manufacturing improvement or maintenance improvement programs.
- Perform design work, conduct research, gather information, and conduct feasibility/economic studies of various plant projects.
- Assist the Mechanical Supervisor, Electrical/Instrumentation Supervisor, Project Engineer, Process Control Engineer, and/or the Maintenance Planner in a variety of special needs or specific projects.
- Assist in maintaining current versions of all departmental documentation, equipment manuals, drawings, electronic records, etc.
- Assist in maintaining updated the CMMS database: assets list, PMs program, etc.
- Create new reports as needed and/or maintain existing reports for the department (ratios, KPIs, costs analysis).
- Assist the Maintenance Manager and Supervisors in troubleshooting plant maintenance issues as needed.
- Perform reliability studies to improve the uptime of equipment.
- After the proper development act as the Mechanical or Electrical/Instrumentation Supervisor in their absence (vacation, extended leave …).
- Act as a liaison regarding maintenance-related topics.
- Food Ingredient manufacturing and maintenance knowledge and experience.
- Work schedule may change when covering for another supervisor or due to operational needs.
- In certain circumstances, you may be required to work late hours or during the weekend.
- Will participate in the On-Call rotation for weekend and holiday coverage when necessary.
- position currently has no direct day-to-day supervisory responsibilities except when providing coverage for the Mechanical Supervisor or Electrical/Instrumentation Supervisor as necessary.
Ideally a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Technologies, or related program. May look at an Associates degree with extensive experience
MUST HAVE maintenance leadership experience
Previous experience working in the food, beverage, or chemical manufacturing industries highly preferred.
- Must be a leader, prior manager left a High bar to meet
- Solid basics in PLC’s maintenance
- good budget background over $300 MM annually under their direction
- Must be able to generate solid Proposals for needs / outside contractors
- Good ‘green team’ so need someone that can set the bar high but attainable and follow through
- CMMS is MAPCON which imports into Oracle through the PLC Siemens systems
- Reliability –Expertise with RCM would be ideal
- Also supervises a buyer for tools. parts etc.stores
- Provide leadership for a Team 2 supervisors, 17 direct tech and up to 15 contractor techs