- Chicago suburbs foods manufacturer is presently searching for a Maintenance Manager
- Open because this client recently expanded into a larger facility and needs a Manager to automate, streamline, and build the maintenance team from scratch
- This role will have 5 direct reports and 40 skilled labored mechanics and electricians
- Local candidates preferred and sponsorship is not available
- Manage a team of 5 including a Plant Engineer, Reliability Engineer, Maintenance Supervisors and indirectly 40 skilled tradesmen (Mechanics and Electricians).
- Build a team of skilled mechanics/electricians; hire, train and develop the team to efficiently manage, PM, direct and coordinate maintenance activities
- Active involvement of facility layouts, capital projects, expansions and organization of equipment and processes
- Utilize lean and six-sigma principles to implement continuous improvement methodologies to increase output
- Ensure a safe working environment and follow OSHA, GMP?s, SQF and other company regulations and guidelines
- Develop and implement a preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, and reliability programs
- Analyze equipment and maintenance data, using tools such as failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), root cause analysis, and similar techniques.
- BS degree is required. Ideally in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Technology or similar education
- 10+ years of maintenance management experience. Ideally in a food, chemical or consumer products manufacturing environment
- Experience managing a team of engineers, tradesmen and maintenance supervisors
- Experience with capital projects, facility layouts, and engineering is preferred
- Familiar with any of the following is preferred: robotics, PLC?s, VFD?s, high-speed packaging, fillers, cappers, baggers, pneumatics, hydraulics, vacuum system, steam traps, piping, tank farms, silos, motors, gaskets, ovens, pump systems, conveyors, palletizers, and similar equipment is preferred.
- Experience with Omron and Siemen?s PLC?s is a plus
- Able to read blue prints and schematics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to work with multiple levels of management from VP to operator level
- Good attitude, excellent problem-solving skills, able to fight fires, think on your feet and work in a very fast paced environment