Duties and responsibilities
- Inspect and perform maintenance on assigned equipment and facilities.
- Ensure assigned facilities and equipment are ready for regular business and special events.
- Maintain files of warranties, records, licenses, inspections, service agreements, and contracts for various pieces of equipment.
- Maintain the inventory, storage, and distribution of equipment.
- Provide recommendations for purchases of new equipment.
- Collaborate with other appropriate management staff to prepare and implement budget.
- Develop and oversee the facility maintenance and preventive maintenance program, ensuring timelines are met.
- Establish, prepare, implement, revise, and maintain policies and procedures related to facilities.
- Identify and monitor facilities costs and streamline where possible; prepare annual facility budget.
- Schedule and manage third-party contractors, as needed, ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Review machinery spare parts for validation.
- Prepare specifications and source new equipment.
- Perform validation document review for new equipment; review and approve facilities purchase orders.
- Perform document reviews as requested.
- Manage and review service contracts to ensure facility management needs are being met.
- Prioritize, plan and schedule daily maintenance, conduct and document regular facilities inspections.
- Perform general facility maintenance and repairs, as needed.
- Oversee facility refurbishment and renovations.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, and all other regulatory requirements, in accordance with company policy.
- Review and update SDS for safety compliance.
- Participate on the safety committee.
- Enforce sound safety and housekeeping practices.
- Respond to facility and equipment alarms and system failures.
- Maintain facility grounds.
- Perform other related duties assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Facilities Management, Engineering, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have 5+ years of previous experience managing maintenance departments & programs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Knowledge of building codes.
- Preventive maintenance experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet established timelines.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, and a working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Good troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proficient with computer systems and the ability to use programs including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, modeling, graphics and presentation software.
- Ability to adhere to our attendance policy; regular and acceptable punctuality and attendance is required.
- Work is performed in both an office and a manufacturing environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Moderate to heavy work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 15 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50-75 pounds.
- Visual acuity to read instructions, operate machines, and inspect parts produced.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand equipment manuals and blueprints.
- Ability to frequently bend, twist, squat, kneel, and lift (both lateral and overhead).
- Ability to frequently stoop, bend and kneel.
- Ability to often reach with hand and arms and grasp.
- Ability to constantly talk and hear.
- Ability to constantly stand.