The Maintenance Manager is responsible for effectively planning, directing and coordinating in a safe manner, mechanical and electrical project activities with all other departments and functions. The position is also the engineering support for solutions to plant and production problems relating to equipment issue/modifications. The Maintenance Manager sets up new equipment, provides mechanical drawings and ensures satisfactory operation of new equipment, and teaches others to use it properly.In addition, this position will be responsible for all aspects of product cost reduction, sustaining engineering and production support. Will be a champion of the philosophy of lean manufacturing techniques and implementation throughout the plant. This is a hands on Maintenance Manager position.
- Maximizing process efficiencies by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization.
- Providing engineering/technical support for various departments to specify new equipment or systems, redesign existing equipment or systems, analyze efficiencies, or to test new products/processes/components/materials, while complying with applicable safety rules and regulations.
- Preparing preventive maintenance instructions for process equipment.
- Monitoring process equipment service histories to improve maintenance reliability
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience
- 6-8 Years Manufacturing Engineering knowledge.
- Experience with plant layout and design.
- Must have knowledge of lean manufacturing and all of the lean tools associated with successful implementations.
- Ability to manage a number of different projects concurrently.
- A strong knowledge of Allen Bradley, Black Clawson and Cast film machinery is beneficial.
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed, results oriented and possess good working habits.
- Experience working with contractor installing machinery and modification of existing equipment.
- Project Management & Implementation experience required.