- Responsible for departmental hiring, dismissal, coaching, evaluating, training, and the safety of 15 technicians across multiple shifts.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving the physical plant and machinery and assuring that lines run with minimal unscheduled downtime.
- Assure that the plant meets GMP, HACCP, USDA and regulatory standards while ensuring the safety of all employees, the integrity of raw materials, and the quality of finished product.
- Coordinate with Parts Manager to assure adequate parts inventory.
- Assure the safety of employees, equipment, facility, environment, and quality of finished product.
- Direct maintenance and environmental teams assuring that lines run as scheduled while achieving throughput targets, maintaining product quality parameters, and adhering to customer, USDA, EPA, OSHA and other regulatory requirements.
- Understand requirements and procedures for proper operation and maintenance and assure that machines are operated in accordance with specifications. Advise production on the appropriate use and maintenance of machines in their areas.
- Create preventative maintenance schedules to assure that all machines are properly maintained and operate as designed.
- Maintain spare parts inventory to assure downtime and costs are minimized and within budgeted expenditure levels.
- Conduct inspections and records keeping of SQF, HAACP, USDA, DEQ, EPA and other state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Determine and suggest methods, procedures, and machines to improve line performance and support required capabilities.
- Must be able to stand on concrete for up to 8 hours, bend and stoop and able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Follow, lead by example, and assure that Quality, Production, Safety, GMP and Regulatory policies are adhered to.
- Able to work overtime and weekend hours required. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or facility management or similar work experience with a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems, ability to read blueprints & schematics.
- Thorough knowledge of food processing technology and GMPs.
- Effective communication and people management skills.