Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 115 days ago
Job Number : 87442
Division : Engineering
About the Job:
Industrial Group has an opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Manager to work in our Bridgeview, IL facility. This role will have approximately 12 direct reports supporting a 24/5, and sometimes a 24/7 manufacturing operation. The successful candidate must have a “safety-first” and hands-on mindset, be a self-motivated partner supporting production operations, be committed to producing quality products and drive continuous improvement throughout the organization. He/She will be a technical resource who provides and shares expertise of equipment and options to improve maintenance and operating practices. As the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will champion safety improvements in all aspects of operation, assist in the coordination of safety training, and demonstrate a commitment to safety in all actions. This role will also be responsible for managing reliability improvement initiatives and projects to achieve established performance metrics.
Primary responsibilities include overseeing 24/5 maintenance teams and ensuring successful completion of machine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and improvement of complex steel processing and ancillary equipment. The successful candidate will be required to ensure root cause analysis of failures is identified, prioritize, develop, and implement solutions and strive to increase equipment reliability, efficiency and effectiveness. Our ideal candidate ensures that the facility and equipment are maintained at the highest level and run efficiently; will coordinate and implement preventive maintenance activities; provides guidance to peers to ensure optimum production, quality and safety while minimizing cost, energy usage and waste in accordance with corporate policies and health and safety regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Facilitate implementation of preventive maintenance programs. Ensure all production machines are running at maximum efficiency.
• Initiating corrective/preventive and continuous improvement opportunities and actively participate in developing, implementing, and verifying corrective/improvement actions.
• Provide a safe working environment for all employees to ensure an acceptable incident rate.
• Ensure that a quality product is produced 100% of the time by meeting Cpk of 1.33 and interacting with Quality leadership.
• Seek, develop, implement and facilitate training programs for all Maintenance personnel.
• Interact with Plant Manager to develop, implement and facilitate training programs for Maintenance Group Leads, Manufacturing Technicians, and Maintenance Technicians.
• Interact directly with Plant Manager to ensure effective preventive maintenance and a reduction of downtime.
• Maintain plant manning at budget.
• Provide support to ensure that the Plant meets EBITDA.
• Maintain an open channel of communication to ensure positive customer relations.
• Provide monthly progress reports to Plant Manager.
• Control R&M spending
• Ensure timely orders of materials and parts for the plant.
• Responsible for plant systems and support equipment.
• Responsible for the plant’s R&M, and Operating Supplies
• Manage Capital Projects.
• Audit production equipment.
• Facilitate the Lock-out Tag-out, Hot Work Permit, Confined Space Entry, Work Place Inspections, OSHA Inspections, Safety Bulletin, General Safety, and Respiratory Protection Safety Programs.
• Responsible for personnel functions – attendance, discipline, vacation approval, coverage, etc.
• Ability to plan, select, and develop a team is crucial
• Responsible for Production and Down Time entry.
• Bachelor's Degree - Will consider experience in lieu of Degree
• 5 years of experience in maintenance management. Experience in safety management preferred.
• Experience working in steel operation highly preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of advanced equipment maintenance tracking software applications, safety standards programs, and formal building maintenance programs.
• Ability and proficiency with cost/benefit analysis and capital expenditure justification
• Thorough understanding of TPM and/or Reliability Work Process
• Demonstrated expertise in facility maintenance management, staff supervision, budgeting, and maintenance training
• Significant leadership skills in managing other maintenance workers in problem solving, communication, time management and multi-tasking
• Must have experience in leading improvement efforts in Maintenance Reliability, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
• Must be able and willing to work safely, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Must have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, and ability to learn various PC-based production and operations applications
• The position requires standing, lifting of up to 50 pounds, climbing steps and ladders and working in a production environment. Conditions include high noise levels, temperature variations and some odor. Use of company-provided PPE is required.