Introduction about the BusinessA US $40 billion corporation the Aditya Birla Group is in the League of Fortune 500. It is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136000 employees belonging to 42 different nationalities. The Group operates in 36 countries Australia Austria Bangladesh Brazil Canada China Egypt France Germany Hungary India Indonesia Italy Ivory Coast Japan Korea Laos Luxembourg Malaysia Myanmar Philippines Poland Russia Singapore South Africa Spain Sri Lanka Sweden Switzerland Tanzania Thailand Turkey UAE UK USA and Vietnam.Novelis is the worlds premier producer of rolled aluminum and the global leader in aluminum recycling. Drawing on our expertise commitment to innovation and worldleading technology we deliver sustainable solutions for the most demanding applications including automobiles beverage cans architecture and consumer electronics. With industryleading assets and technology we produce the highestquality aluminum sheet and foil products for customers in highvalue markets including automotive transportation packaging construction and printing. Our customers include major brands such as AgfaGevaert Alcan AnheuserBusch Ball BMW CocaCola Crown Cork & Seal Daching Holdings Ford General Motors Jaguar Land Rover Lotte Aluminum Kodak Pactiv Rexam Ryerson Tetra Pak ThyssenKrupp and others. Much of our aluminum is recreated from material already in the world today saving natural resources and allowing for the creation of consumer products that have a lower environmental footprint. Headquartered in Atlanta Georgia USA Novelis has approximately 11600 employees in 25 operating facilities on four continents and is investing close to $1.5 billion in global rolling and recycling expansions to meet the growing demand for our premium product.
The Fairmont plant, an aluminum sheet and light gauge fin/coil cold rolling facility, supplies more than 70 domestic and international customers with more than 435 various products. Markets We Serve Automotive and Transportation – Utilized in end-use products such as radiators, condensers, evaporators and heat covers Consumer and Industrial – Industrial foil stock used in residential and commercial air conditioning, heat exchangers and refrigeration units Packaging – Used in aluminum foil and rigid containers (steam tables, turkey roasters, pie pans, etc.)
This position is accountable for the daily direct supervision of the union craft employees and contractworkers on all maintenance repairs, modifications, services and routine installation of equipment at the Fairmont facility to ensure minimal loss of production and downtime, work on projects and new installations where required. Responsible for maintenance department skilled trades personnel. Lead testing and troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical systems. Understand technical drawings including electrical and hydraulic systematics.
Key Responsibilities include
- Establish and enforce policies and practices required to provide safe equipment, a safe working environment and safe work practices.
- Promote EHS policy, implement the EHS management system and ensure continual improvement of EHS performance in day to day operations.
- Direct the daily maintenance, repairs, modifications and services performed at the Fairmont Plant.
- Develop & exercise techniques which expedite maintenance repair items on production equipment. Make prompt and accurate decisions as to equipment reliability and safety.
- Engineer solutions to respective machine failures. Lead equipment upgrades to maximize machine utilization rates.
- Assist in the development of engineering or maintenance procedures and repair work to ensure they are safe, effective and efficient.
- Expand, continually, knowledge of engineering and maintenance principles and practices.
- Certification in at least one skilled trade.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Preferred
- Minimum five years of maintenance experience in an industrial manufacturing environment. Two years’ supervisory experience over technical skilled personnel. Required
- Overall knowledge of industrial equipment with prior hands-on experience
- Excellent working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, and power transmission equipment
- Proven knowledge of machine shop, welding and electrical practices.
- Ability to read and interpret machine and structural drawings and pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical schematic diagrams
- Superior oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels in the organization
- Solid computer skills with software applications proficiency, including Microsoft Office and AutoCAD. Ability to master new software quickly
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload; must be able to manage multiple tasks at once without sacrificing attention to detail
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, and ability to operate in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Must also possess leadership skills to direct, lead and develop other personnel to accomplish personal, plant and corporate objectives