We currently have an opening for a Maintenance Engineer at our LeMoyne, Alabama facility.
This position is a lead engineer within our Maintenance and Engineering department and will provide organization, planning, and direction of maintenance, improvements and technical documentation for equipment at the site.
• Ensure technical means for safe operation and safeguarding of plant equipment.
• Initiate process and equipment improvements.
• Develop and execute capital projects.
• Provide guidance to Production department and Maintenance Technicians.
• Support for budget and department planning process.
• Manage all areas of mechanical equipment related maintenance, working with other department members.
• Maintain and improved necessary documentation such as specifications, equipment documentation, etc.
• Understand and help implement the LeMoyne Functional Chemicals Site Operating Policy and Objectives which includes ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and RC 14001.
• Be aware of potential environmental impacts in your area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
• Be aware of potential health, safety, security and environmental impacts in area of responsibility and the actions required should an issue occur
• Understand and implement any parts of the Lemoyne Environmental Compliance Plan that apply to your area of responsibility.
• Participate in the site's on-going ATOM Process.
Job requirements/Candidate profile
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Five to Ten years (5-10) maintenance engineering experience within a manufacturing environment.
• Specific knowledge of the chemical industry required.
• Strong knowledge/experience in the areas of rotary equipment, troubleshooting equipment and project management.
• Ability/ willingness to function in an interim supervisory capacity as needed.
• CAD background required. SAP exposure preferred.
• Must be a team player; Communicates tactfully and effectively both verbally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered during the course of employment.
• The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff is required.
• Strong analytical, conceptual thinking and influencing skills required.
• Standard computer skills required- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Must be an independent self-starter with a high level of confidence and a critical approach to matters.
• Flexibility and adaptability to new instructions and/or dynamic organizational priorities is critical for job success
As a leading specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.