At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Maintenance Director in Coppell, TX, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
Global Operations is fundamental to our purpose of delivering life-changing medicines to patients, touching every aspect of our business and providing a platform for everything that we do. We harness the specialist talents of 13,000 people around the world – 20% of our global workforce. With 30 production facilities in 18 countries we're focused on supplying our medicines with care, quality and efficiency, reducing the time from lab to patient. Keen to bridge the gap between science and patients? Turn research into reality? And forge a global career that's full of possibilities, as part of a world-class team? Come and thrive in our vibrant, energizing, connected and supportive culture and make a real difference to patients.
As a member of the Lokelma Supply Site in Coppell, Texas, you will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing and laboratory operations through the management and delivery of the predictive and preventive maintenance programs, safety initiatives and equipment reliability improvement projects. Responsible for all manufacturing and facilities maintenance functions related to Lokelma API production. Also responsible for Maintenance Department Op Ex budget.
- Ethical conduct and compliance
- Ensures compliance of self and others to internal and external regulations.
- Fiscal and financial control
- Follows AZ's financial policies, manages people resources to policy requirements and establishes and manages department budget.
- People management
- Optimizes performance outcomes of direct reports and ensures individuals understand the contribution they make.
- Leadership and engagement
- Understands the business purpose, mission and vision and ensures department's tasks, projects and priorities are aligned and contribute to successfully meeting the business goals.
- Is accountable for ensuring compliance is understood and maintained across own functional area.
- Organization & Personnel (to ensure that the required initial and continuing training of the department personnel is carried out and adapted according to need)
- Continuous improvement
- Strives to continuously improve the established ways of working
- Continuously explore ways to improve equipment and utility system's reliability and reduce unscheduled downtime
- Lean Leadership
- Implement and apply elements of Lean principles to the routine maintenance functions
Safety, Health and Environment
Promoting an environment of no hurt, harm or alarm
- Work in a manner which promotes the safety and well being of self, others and environment
- Lead by example and consistently demonstrate safety is the number one priority
- Contribute to improving SHE performance, proactively use STOP cards to identify SHE hazards and take appropriate actions
GMP / Compliance and Ethical Conduct
Ensuring compliance of self and others to internal and external regulations
- Comply with all systems, processes and procedures that align with statutory/ legislative / quality requirements
- Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role. Complete all required training on the AZ Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of non-compliance.
In addition, for Managers and Project Team Leaders:
- Ensure and monitor compliance by team members and third parties by (a) positively reinforcing the Code of Conduct and all relevant AstraZeneca Policies and Standards, (b) ensuring completion of all required training, (c) fostering a culture of openness in which employees are comfortable raising questions or concerns, and (d) immediately addressing and reporting, as appropriate, instances of non-compliance.
- Manager Accountabilities at AstraZeneca include Ethical Conduct and Compliance, Team Management, Performance Management, Individual Development Planning, Talent Management, Recruitment, People information, SHE accountabilities, and Fiscal and Financial awareness.
- Leaders with accountability for GXP areas are expected to understand the legal and regulatory requirements of their roles in providing appropriate resources (which could be human, financial, material, facilities, and equipment) to maintain the Quality system and continually improve its effectiveness.
- Optimizing performance outcomes of self/direct reports and ensuring understanding of contribution.
Delivery / Supply
- Ensuring customer service is always considered
- Leverage customer feedback to identify ways to improve service
- Interface with the customer and verify the maintenance department's performance and services are meeting their needs
- Promoting a cost conscious environment to enable effective cost management.
Lean & Agile Culture / Standardized ways of working
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance to approved and established processes and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Discipline
- > 7 years experience in Pharmaceutical, Biologics or similar manufacturing operation
- Knowledge of GMP equipment design, operation and maintenance
- Knowledge of GMP utility design, operation and maintenance
- Project Management knowledge
- Thorough understanding of GMP related to Facility design and operation.
- Budgetary development and management or supervision experience
- GMP Facility or equipment design experience
- Automation design experience