Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the Maintenance organization to ensure that the plant runs most optimally
- Provides guidance, direction, and motivation to Maintenance and Operations Associates to encourage ownership of results at the Associate and team level
- Build technical capability of Maintenance Department and Operating Department Associates
- Manages critical components of Total Productive Maintenance, including the Centerline program, Preventive Maintenance programs, parts and storeroom operations, Clean/Inspect/Lubricate programs, etc.
- Creates a culture of an integrated approach to maintenance, based on teamwork and cooperation operating teams and Maintenance Associates
- Ensures compliance with quality, safety, regulatory requirements, and cGMP guidelines
- Ensures all associates receive proper training, such as GMP, SOP, Safety, and Operations
- Monitors associate performance and provides coaching and training as required
- 10+ years of experience in the management of blending, tableting and/or high speed packaging equipment, including all elements of TPM.
- Detailed knowledge of mechanical and electrical machine repair, PLC, preventative maintenance, HVAC, as well as the safe and efficient operation of plant utilities, such as boilers and chillers is required.
- A background in the food, drug or nutritional industry is strongly preferred.
- A Bachelors degree in mechanical or electrical engineering is strongly preferred or equivalent military maintenance leadership experience. An alternative, relevant engineering degree (e.g. chemical engineering) may be potentially acceptable credential for a candidate with professional experience that closely matches this particular role and/or Military experience.
- The ability to effectively provide coaching and direction to Maintenance leaders, Team Leaders, and Associates in maintenance and operations.
- The ability to create and implement TPM, autonomous maintenance and work team based systems.
- The ability to effectively communicate to and collaborate with senior management, outside consultants, suppliers and team.