The Full-Time Building Engineer is responsible for maintaining, repairing, and cleaning building fixtures including lights, locks, windows, doors, window and door screens, and flooring material, Their duties work involves carpentry, painting, plumbing, H VAC and electrical repairs to guarantee that the buildings and facilities are properly and safely maintained.
This position will be located at one position in Bethesda MD, and does require Engineer to be on call as well.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform routine preventative and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Inspects community continuously, identifying, documenting, and correcting maintenance needs.
- Perform maintenance tasks such as light carpentry, painting, plumbing, and electrical repairs
- Clean and repair building fixtures including lights, locks, windows, doors, screens, walls, floors,
- Fix H VAC Units
- oversee maintenance staff
- Other duties, as needed
- 6+ years of directly related or closely related general maintenance, grounds-keeping or facility maintenance experience
- MUST HAVE DC 3rd Class license
- Knowledge of general maintenance requirements, (documentation, safety, required reporting, regulations, etc.)
- Ability to safely use a variety of hand and power tools
- Universal CFC License required
- Experience with fire suppression systems a plus
- Pressure washing experience a plus.
- Drain and AC condensate line clearing experience a plus.
- Knowledge of and adherence to OSHA work-site and personal safety requirements
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
- Professional customer service skills
- Interpretation and completion of verbal and/or written instructions at a proficient level
- Ability to learn and utilize company policies, procedures and forms