The Full-Time Building Engineer is responsible for maintaining, repairing, and cleaning building fixtures including lights, locks, windows, doors, window and door screens, and flooring material, Their duties work involves carpentry, painting, plumbing, HVAC and electrical repairs to guarantee that the buildings and facilities are properly and safely maintained. .
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform routine preventative and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Inspects community continuously, identifying, documenting, and correcting maintenance needs.
- Perform maintenance tasks such as light carpentry, painting, plumbing, and electrical repairs
- Clean and repair building fixtures including lights, locks, windows, doors, screens, walls, floors,
- Fix H VAC Units
- Other duties, as needed
- 5+ years of directly related or closely related general maintenance, grounds-keeping or facility maintenance experience
- Knowledge of general maintenance requirements, (documentation, safety, required reporting, regulations, etc.)
- Ability to safely use a variety of hand and power tools
- Universal CFC License prefired but not required
- Experience with fire suppression systems a must.
- Drywall repair and replacement experience a plus.
- Drain and AC condensate line clearing experience a plus.
- Knowledge of and adherence to OSHA work-site and personal safety requirements
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
- Professional customer service skills
- Interpretation and completion of verbal and/or written instructions at a proficient level