Specific duties include the following:
- Supervise, plan, schedule and prioritize work for all maintenance activities. Provide expertise and guidance in the performance of their function and provide guidance and oversight of troubleshooting activities. Responsible for all associated budgets related to the Maintenance department and all manufacturing maintenance accounts. (50%)
- Coordinate outside contracting services for any work to the facilities or maintenance/engineering projects. (5%)
- Continuously improve the preventative maintenance program in support of divisional/corporate Lean Initiatives, including root cause analysis. Coach the administrator of CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System; we use Megamation); establish and maintain the PM program including planning, scheduling and prioritization of this system. (10%)
- Prioritize work effectively, accepting or rejecting work orders in an efficient manner, providing estimates for make/buy decisions. Approve and purchase repair parts, contractor work and work order materials. (5%)
- Maintain contact with all environmental regulatory agencies, keeping informed on all aspects of environmental regulation. Ensure that internal operations are commensurate with environmental regulations and that environmental records are maintained and all requests for permits and reporting are completed on time. (5%)
- Oversee the planning and coordination of maintenance support activities for continuous improvement, safety, upkeep etc. Key team member for the development, administration and oversight of the Industrial Safety Programs and procedures for facility including LOTO (lock out tag out), Hoists and Cranes, Ladder, Fork Lift etc. (20%)
- Support the divisional plants on special project assignments, and provide support to these plants from a consultative role regarding maintenance issues. (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in the engineering field or equivalent trade school and/or on the job experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience in a maintenance/plant engineering and environmental role in a manufacturing environment required.
- Strong supervisory/leadership skills essential, including excellent organizational and prioritization skills. Prior experience successfully coaching and mentoring staff a must.
- Prior hands on maintenance background required. Practical experience in electrical, mechanical, electronic, hydraulic and general plant maintenance desired. Skills in electronics and automation a big plus.
- Knowledge of CMMS systems preferred.
- Ability to plan and lead all maintenance activities including projects, preventative and predictive maintenance, maintaining the CMMS system including resource planning and cost control essential.
- Ability to evaluate plant projects for maintenance needs and outside contracting services as well as the quoting and justification process required. Strong analytical skills to aid in interpretation of data and subsequent planning a must.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to effectively disseminate and present information to all internal and external customers.
- Experience in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.