Become a part of our First Transit team as a Maintenance and Engineering Manager. Manage all operational and maintenance activities of the Streetcar System Maintenance department placing priority on ensuring vehicles meet the highest performance and customer reliability and on time performance (OTP).
Overall responsible for the maintenance, repair, warranty management and overhaul of street car vehicles. Responsible for employee and labor relations, performance management, and monitoring of resource allocation and productivity. Ensure a commitment to safety through effective leadership, role modeling and enforcement of the safety policies and procedures. Participates in the development, implementation, management and meeting of contractual Key Performance Indicators (KPI's). Works closely with the General Manger and the Customer in the development, communication, implementation and management of the overall operational business plan. Performs related duties as required.
If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
NOTE: The following position is for proposed new business within First Transit.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Top salary based on experience & qualifications
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Maintenance and Engineering Manager major responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of Streetcar Vehicle Maintenance and oversight of system maintenance.
- Responsible for material procurement, material management and warranty management.
- Responsible for setting goals and performance objectives, monitoring and adjusting as needed to achieve required results. Ensure effective leadership and management in support of goals regarding service reliability, cost efficiency, safety and customer satisfaction.
- Manage and maintain cost effective delivery of all streetcar maintenance services.
- Directly supervise management staff responsible for the day-to-day operation.
- Develop SOPs, maintenance procedures, fleet and system maintenance updates, and employee training programs to ensure consistency in maintenance activities.
- Develop and implement annual goals, budget and work programs that meet the customer requirements.
- Monitor budget expenditures, measure performance goals, and recognize achievements.
- Develop contract specifications for both service and procurement contracts and manages maintenance related contracts.
- Work with the customer to plan and coordinate capital purchases and capital improvements for the streetcar system.
- Manage vehicle configuration through the modification approval process, and update maintenance procedures to reflect systems changes.
- Responsible for servicing and daily cleaning activities of all revenue equipment and staff.
- Develop and implement lean maintenance processes such as 5S.
- Manage, track, and ensure reliability, through fleet configuration enhancements, quality assurance programs, and appropriate maintenance programs and staffing.
Maintenance and Engineering Manager requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Possess Industry Certifications.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience, 2 of which are in a progressively responsible management role in transportation, equipment maintenance, urban rail transit, transit operations or project management at a large public or private organization.
- Work experience demonstrating the ability to maintain alertness, awareness and vigilance, as well as clear, effective verbal communication skills in the performance of work.
- Satisfactory attendance and safe work record.