We are looking for Mainframe z / OS Virtualization Engineer for our client in Charlotte, NC
Job Title: Mainframe z / OS Virtualization Engineer
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
- This Engineer role will have 3 to 5years experience in systems programming, and be responsible for z/OS and z/VM systems programming, design, configuration, and support of a large enterprise-class zSeries mainframe environment in a leading financial services company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Act as support and subject matter expert for z/OS and z/VM operating systems and system components; provide direct technical support as needed in the planning, coordination, installation, implementation and testing of releases, upgrades, or changes to z/OS operating system, network, and component software.
- Primary support for assigned ISV products.
- Support for CPU hardware including planning and coordination of microcode/firmware upgrades, troubleshooting efforts with the vendor and other hardware support such as IOGEN requests
- 24?7on call3rd-level support for an enterprise-wide z/OS platform systems and ISV products
- Diagnose z/OS platform system and product issues and follow up with root cause analysis
- Analyze performance issues
- Support for technical consultation and inquiries from the other IT technical teams
- Support for new product installation and evaluation as needed
- Can act as the technical lead on internal team projects or participate on project teams that impact the z/OS platform
- Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and tests as scheduled by Technical Continuity
- 3 to 5years? of programming experience
- Experience with z/OS, JES2, Unix System Services, SMP/E, HCD
- Experience with z/VM, CP, CMS, REXX, RSCS
Desired Skills (Preferred not required):
- Working knowledge of the following software products maintained and supported by the team: MAINVIEW SRM, AUTOOPERATOR, COBOL for z/OS, Application Performance Analyser (APA), MVS Quick-Ref, CA Common Services (CCS), CA-Copycat, CA-Datacom/AD, CA-SPOOL, CA-7, CA-11,CA FAVER, CA NetMaster, CA PDSMAN, CA SYSVIEW, CA TPX, CA Endevor, CA VANTAGE, CA TLMS, Connect:Direct, DP TECHNICIAN, RRDF, FDR/ABR/CPK, FDRPAS, Catalog Recovery Plus, DUMPMASTER, INSYNC, VIEW DIRECT, VANGUARD INTEGRITY, WLM, SASITRM, SAS, MXG, OMEGAMON suite, SCRT, JCL Check, Hitachi BCM
- REXX, RACF, DFSORT, DFSMS, HMC familiarity
- GCS, AVS, EREP, Performance Toolkit, VM/VTAM, VSCS, TCP/IP, DVF, VM/Archive, VM/Backup, VM/Direct, V/Seg