Job Title: Mainframe Websphere MQ Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Frisco, TX
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Client is looking for talented WebShepre Message Queue (WMQ) experts or candidates who would like to participate in comprehensive projects.
- Mainframe Systems Programmer
- System programmer should be self-sufficient and able to perform the majority of the tasks involved in his or her role without assistance.
- Proficient with the WebSphere MQ environment
- Knowledge how to configure and administer WebSphere MQ in the z/OS platform
- Application deployment techniques and procedures
- Installation, patching, configuring and problem determination for WebSphere MQ
- Experience and capability in dealing with vendors for problem determination
- Proficient in data transfer (and transformation) to and from host systems
- Strong SMP/E understanding of concepts and experience using this software distribution tool and process.
- Strong knowledge of the system datasets used or impacting MQ such as Parmlibs, Proclibs.... and experience with their manipulation Strong understanding of z/OS Unix System Services Deep knowledge and experience with Clustering Experience with setting up and maintaining MQ security in a Mainframe environment, including the necessary RACF configurations and definitions that are involved Ability to work with System Management Storage related to the support of Mainframe MQ, Understanding and experience with Queue sharing Groups and the OS level components it uses (Coupling Facility) Experience working with spooling packages such as SDSF, JES