A leading global financial services firm is currently seeking a Mainframe Systems Performance Engineer to join their team in New York. This firm is active in investment banking, wealth management, securities, and investment management services. This firm gives you the opportunity to work next to some of the best professionals in the business with cutting edge technology. The technology team's priorities include cloud computing, big data and analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence and cybersecurity as well as staying up to date on emerging technologies.
In this firm not only are you learning and working on prestigious projects but you also have the ability to give back to the community. This firm uses their business skills to help nonprofits and they volunteer globally. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone at any level looking to excel their career.
You will be responsible for all aspects of z-platform performance, including investigation of CPU and Storage performance issues, utilizationreporting, and ongoing optimization and capacity planning.
- Excellent testing and reporting skills (design tests to validate software functionality, robustness, performance, and environmental health and stability)
- Internals of z/OS
- JCL, SAS,REXX experience
- HCD/Hardware knowledge
- Strong experience with performance monitoring and capacity planning in a multi-CEC & Sysplex environment
- Strong knowledge of WLM, RMF, RMF Monitor III, RMF Post Processor, RMF Performance Data Portal, Omegamon, Epilog, and SMF data collection and reporting
- Advanced use of SAS, MXG, CA-MICS, REXX
- Experience with CA-Sysview, IBM SCRT, IBM Tivoli Decision Support (TDS), IBM Country Wide Multiplex Pricing(CMP) a plus
- Experienced at trouble shooting performance issues in z/OS environment
- Knowledge of following hardware: IBM mainframe, Internal and External coupling facility, IBM and EMC storage and tape subsystems
- Experienced at tuning an environment with Natural/Adabas, COBOL, DB2, MQ and CICS workloads