Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Designs, develops, installs, configures, and maintains enterprise operating and infrastructure systems (e.g. OS upgrades and patches, database management systems, application integration & communications, storage, etc.) as well as installed third-party systems components to ensure reliability in accordance with user needs and technical specifications while meeting defined service level agreements. Recognizes and troubleshoots problems with hardware and operating systems and assigned third-party software running on an IBM Mainframe system. Establishes and documents standards and procedures (including disaster recovery procedures) for management review. Communicates with and provides reporting and technical support to system users and clients.
What Part Will You Play?
- Monitors Mainframe operating system (OS), firmware, and Independent Software Vendor's (ISV) product upgrade packages requiring installation. Leads research of upgrade packages and oversees general reviews of new software applications for applicability and impact to Mainframe environments, and third-party software from various ISVs while considering risk of the install as compared to the risk of delay. Recommends to management an accept/reject decision of new product requests along with providing findings and basis for decision. Defines scope, definitions of the project, product configuration, and proposes complex updateschedule throughout all environments that best coincides with ongoing projects, other updates, and releaseschedules to provide necessary testing and certification of each while minimizing risks and meeting Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Leads upgrades as well as other larger, complex projects. Peer reviews work of other Leads or Technical Analysts as well as lower level System Administrators. Assumes leadership role for on-callresponsibilities. Displays a thorough knowledge of systems in general, beyond assigned areas of expertise. Participates in company and Division training programs.
- Conducts reviews of message/transaction and data migration processes and evaluations of various communication channels to make environment and capacity management decisions that improve performance and/or resolve communication issues. Directs lower level System Administrators on resulting changes necessary to update. Builds new communication channels when determined through interactions with the client (external and internal) and vendors. Defines strategy and rules.
- Defines core set of system datasets to support Database Management Systems (DBMS). Sets up new clients databaseblueprints. Builds start tasks within an environment for various databases and related log files. Works with internal and external clients on connectivity and response time issues.
- Develops disaster recovery procedures including documentation to rebuild Mainframe systems within defined rebuild times. Identifies highly complex intricacies in procedures that could impact recovery efforts. Develops requirements to maintain all changes for redundant systems to ensure live backups are always up to date. Leads disaster recovery efforts during testing, training, and actual outages.
- Projects out longer term capacity levels in order to ensure we meet SLAs by meeting with Finance on account growth projections by client. Works with operations to help balance the loads based on direction from lower level system administrators. Evaluates missed SLAs for root cause analysis, as needed. Makes recommendations for modifications of infrastructure and/or increased capacity.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Major in Computer Science preferred, other majors considered. Willing to accept additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
- Experience in system administration within a highly available enterprise environment or related experience.
Preferred proficiency with the following products: TSO, JCL, DFSMS, DFHSM, IDCAMS, ICKDSF, IBM Utilities, ICF Catalogs, VSAM.
- Additional skills (optional) – CA1, REXX programming, IBM VTS 7700, HDS Storage Management (HDP, HUR, Shadow Image), Disaster Recovery,
- Vendor Product Skills (optional) – SRM, CR+, Omegamon XE, FastAudit, HSM Reporter, TDMF
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept./peer review).
- Job Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- Operating Systems Knowledge (Mainframe Skills) - z/OS, z/VM, TSO/ISPF, ISMF, JCL, SMP/E, Catalogs, CA1, DFSMS, DFHSM, DFDSS, REXX, Utilities
- General Business Knowledge - A broad expertise of the payments industry and the services that TSYS provides. Detailed understanding of TSYS' enterprise infrastructure systems and all other TSYS' services and how they work together to provide industry leading payment solutions.