We are looking for Mainframe Project Manager for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Mainframe Project Manager
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- The Project Manager’s primary responsibility will be to manage the plan, design, development, implementation and/or support of complex mainframe and/or distributed information systems.
- Develops business models, cost/benefit analysis, and recommends strategies.`
- Coordinates and defines technical/business requirements needed to complete project objectives and translates requirements to detailed specifications including budgetary projections.
- Ensures functional, business and/or technical design supports project/customer requirements and complies with SOW/technical plan and existing architecture and/or defined agency business standards.
- Negotiates contracts with outside vendors and manages vendor relationships.
- The individual will work with business users and serve as the primary contact between the technical teams and end users,
- Manage and support expectations of business stakeholders.
- Collaborate in end-user training development and implementation documentation.
- Work with manager/supervisor to create and implement support procedures and produce related documentation in form of FAQs, work aids, instructions, etc.
- The individual will facilitate change management activities between the project team and IT service groups; and
- participate in all phases of the project life cycle with emphasis on business requirements from development to roll-out of enterprise application.
- Prepares project status reports and variance analysis to ensure project remains on schedule and within budget.
- Evaluates project's success at completion of project based on achievement of benefits and value proposition assessment.
- Defines personnel in the development of project charters, value propositions, risk action plans, work plans and estimates for large complex projects and serves as a subject matter expert and consultant to mentor/coach team leaders in the use of project management concepts, tools and techniques.
- Provides guidance and training to team members and identifies opportunities to improve team performance and effectiveness.
- May provide guidance to project team leaders in defining measurements and measurement tools to track the achievement of project objectives.
- Assists Project/Program/Portfolio Directors and Managers in ensuring systems and/or business plans are developed and documented in accordance with quality control standards.
Qualifications & skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science, Information Technology or related field.
- Hands on expertise in Project Planning, Sprint Planning, Story Point for Sprint Capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 8+ years’ experience as an IT Professional
- 3+ years’ supervisory experience in IT Department.
- Managerial experience to include primary responsibilities as leading a diverse project technology team
- Technical Experience in with Development of user requirements
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Leading a diverse project technology team
- Research & Analytics
- PMP Certification