We are looking for Mainframe Programmer for our client in Salem, OR
Job Title: Mainframe Programmer
Job Location: Salem, OR
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs. May require a bachelor's degree.
- Requires six years or more of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- Programmer IV to support IE&ME Legacy Project work.
- Minimum of six years of experience as a Senior Mainframe Developer using COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2, JCL, TSO/ISPF.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant functional business areas of Self-Sufficiency Program (SSP) and Aging and People with Disabilities (APD) programs and processes, or similar knowledge from other states, including the handling of financial transactions
- Previous experience in state or local government agencies or for Human Services organizations in other states.
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale complex technical architectures that include interfaces with other large-scale systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge with logging of communication between large-scale systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the handshake between interfacing systems to ensure proper reception and synchronization of records; this should specifically include experience developing and testing web services across multiple platforms.
- Demonstrated experience working independently with minimal supervision and direction.
- Demonstrated experience developing analysis and design documentation necessary for the construction, testing and implementation of identified tasks to be completed.