Maven Wave helps leading companies make the shift to digital and shorten the fuse to innovation. We combine the expertise of top-tier consulting with the agility of a cutting-edge technology firm. This multidisciplinary blend of skills allows us to create unique digital advantages for our clients. Maven Wave’s digital solutions are agile, mobile, rooted in analytics, and built in the cloud.
Your Life As a Maven:
- Act as the P&L owner of the Mainframe to Cloud modernization practice.
- Develop and refine delivery capabilities ranging from lift and shift to cloud to complete modernization of mainframe applications into cloud native applications.
- Enable sales by defining both the specific offerings and the sales and marketing strategies/collateral that accompany those different offerings.
- Participate in the sales cycle with our front sales teams. Interact with client leaders such as the CIO, CTO, Head of Applications, Head of Infrastructure, CDO, business unit leadership and senior management to define and plan transformational modernization strategies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partners such as AWS, Azure, Google and Microfocus.
- Build and manage the delivery organization. Identify skills needed and train or hire talent. Maintain the staffing plan based on the forecasted pipeline.
- Work as a thought leader to publish internal and external content which includes interactions with companies such as Forrester and Gartner.
- 15+ years of professional IT experience with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role.
- Experience with AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud in the areas of infrastructure and application development in order to understand the target state of mainframe modernization.
- Experience/familiarity with mainframe technologies, especially languages, databases and operational environments.
- Experience with sales of substantial modernization projects to both IT management and business owners.
- Experience in managing or directly delivering application modernization projects to distributed and/or cloud environments.
- Preferred experience owning the P&L of an organization.
- Demonstrated history of exceptional career performance.
- Willingness to mentor colleagues and interest in participating in internal projects.
- Preferred experience with mainframe application assessment tools such as Raincode, Cast, Micro Focus, and IBM Rational suite.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Aptitude - You have an innate capacity to transition from project to project without skipping a beat.
- Communication - You have strong communication skills for coordination across projects and teams.
- Impact - You are a critical problem solver with an emphasis on creativity and innovation.
- Passion - You have the drive to succeed paired with a continuous hunger to learn.
- Leadership - You are trusted, empathetic, accountable, and empower others around you.