Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions. These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies. May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource. Will not have direct reports but may lead projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. May have responsibility for a project and project budget. May collaborate with external programmers to coordinate delivery of software application. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities. Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants. Typically requires 5-7 years of experience.
- This is a position in the area that provides security pricing information thru-out the Firm.
- Will be responsible to work with the user area to develop requirements for enhanced functionality.
- Will work in supporting the system when failures occur.
- Will be responsible to work with vendors when incoming feeds change, develop/design changes, and implement them
- This position will have maintenance responsibility for the INTL pricing subsystem of SPS.
- Must have 5-7 years of experience in z/VM
- Should have on in-depth knowledge of the use of CMS, REXX and Pipes.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of various languages including a working knowledge of COBOL, PL/I.
- Must have excellent communication skills to work with business users to perform analysis of their requirements.
- Must have experience in systems design and implementation in a z/VM environment.
- Experience in the securities pricing area a plus
- Should have experience working in a distributed team environment
- Knowledge of Fortran, Assembler and DB/2 a plus.
Job number: 17073597