8 - 10 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Position Title: Mainframe Developer
Position Number: 260243
Location: Saint Paul , MN
Desired Skill Set:
CICS, COBOL, DB/2, JCL, SQL, SQL Server, SSIS, System Analysis
Mainframe Systems Developer
Location: Saint Paul, MN 55118
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extensions
Req ID: RFO0261
Interview are In Person ONLY.
The developers will:
1. Work with MNLARS business and technical staff to harvest data from DVS legacy systems which will include data from COBOL, CICS, Supra, DB2 and CICS Web Services.
2. Evaluate legacy system code for possible migrations including production code recently deployed for the MCSIA compliance project; where appropriate, create a plan & process to migrate that code to MNLARS.
3. Use Root Cause analysis to discover & correct operating anomalies in legacy code.
4. Have knowledge and experience with MCSIA, CDLIS (4.0+), SSOLV, PDPS federal regulations as well as the AAMVA’s UNI product, to ensure compliance and compatibility with the new MNLARS system.
5. Document existing functionality, processes and data; analyze and assist in resolving potential integration problems or technology issues; extract, transform and cleanse legacy data;
6. Identify existing DVS business processes that can be migrated to the new MNLARS system, particularly in areas of federal regulation compliance
7. Load the data to a staging database, migrate the data from the staging database to the MNLARS database; reconcile data extracted to data loaded, accounting for transformation and cleansing.
8. Write and execute test cases; Test the migrations and provide migration reports. If necessary, synchronize legacy systems data with MNLARS data. Provide migration reports.
9. Prepare detailed flow charts, models and diagrams as required.
To be initially scored as pass/fail. Thereafter, proposals where the resource(s) meets the Mandatory Qualifications will be scored in part on the extent to which the resource(s) exceeds these mandatory minimums.
• 7 years of systems analysis experience;
• 1 year of experience with federal regulations including MCSIA, CDLIS (4.0+), SSOLV, PDPS;
• 7 years of COBOL experience;
• 7 years of JCL experience;
• 7 years of hierarchical database experience (e.g. IMS);
• 10 years of CICS experience;
• 5 years of SQL experience;
• 5 years of DB2 experience;
• 3 years of SQL server experience;
• 3 years of SSIS experience;
• Experience using the following technologies:
o Websphere MQ.
o Visual Studio
o ETL Tools;
• Experience in application partitioning, Object-Oriented Development, and/or Service Oriented Architecture (SOA);
• Experience migrating motor vehicle systems data, code or business processes.
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.