We are looking for Mainframe Developer for our client in Macon, GA
Job Title: Mainframe Developer
Job Location: Macon, GA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Provide application support and maintenance to legacy billing system for both Online(CICS) and Batch(COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2)
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using system workflow charts, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities to design complex, global or strategic development projects.
- Fix/correct all issues by making appropriate changes to the batch and online programs and monitor them to ensure that desired results are generated.
- Perform application systems development tasks which include working with users to define system needs, analyzing and designing applications to meet user requirements, deploying and implementing packages into production.
- Prepare detailed high level and low level design documents as per the business user requirements.
- Provide solution for all user queries and support non-prod batch cycles.
- Coordinate development activities and assisting with analysis, evaluation and preparation of recommendations for system improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts.
- Design disaster recovery solution to ensure business continuity and ensure that the backup of important data is taken at regular period of time.