Role : Mainframe DBA
Duration : Full Time
Location : Cincinnati, OH
Job Description :
Roles & Responsibilities –
• Design, create, alter and maintain database solutions, across multiple platforms and computing environments that meet business needs.
• Perform industry research for data and database technologies and related software, tools, standards.
• Develop, follow, and implement data and database administration procedures, strategies, guidelines, standards, tools, support.
• Perform analysis and problem resolution related to data and databases.
• Apply innovation, passion, flexibility, adaptability, and initiative in daily activities in order to contribute to a Systems culture.
• Create a fluid, end-to-end vision for how data will flow through an organization/Department.
• Design, document, construct and deploy database architectures
• Integrate Data functionality (e.g. scalability, security, performance, data recovery, reliability, etc.)
Key Skills -
• Work independently on daily work and demonstrate sound judgment in making decisions with respect to matters of moderate to high complexity and importance.
• Apply broad-based knowledge of database indexes, index management, and referential integrity with an in-depth/specialized knowledge of the DB2 database management system on Z/OS to perform daily tasks.
• Completes SQL Performance tuning and query optimization to reduce CPU consumption and response time and increase integration/operability of systems.
• Complete SQL reviews to improve or ensure efficient database access techniques.
• Diagnose and troubleshoots database integrity, performance, and data replication issues
• Apply broad-based knowledge of data backup, restore, and recovery methods to complete daily assignments
• Maintain solid relationships with team members
• Apply depth or breadth of knowledge regarding Systems Department structure and processes to complete assignments
• Provide database administration support to business partners and incident resolution
• Assist with developing or modifying database policies, guidelines, standards, procedures, and documentation, as required.
Full Name (as per passport / Legal Docs) :
Total IT Exp :
Relevant Exp :
Contact No (Cell / Home / Office) :
Best time to reach :
Email Id :
Visa Status/ Work Authorization (if H1B then need validity period) :
Current Location (full address with Zip code) :
In-person Interview :
Skype Id :
Hourly Rate (No Benefits)/hr on W2 :
Current Salary (in case of fulltime):
Expected Salary (in case of fulltime) :
Reason in case availability is not immediate :
Are you expecting any other job offers in next 1-2 weeks
1. Passing year of (Bachelors/Masters)
2. Bachelors/Masters’ degrees
3. University Name (Bachelors/Masters)
LinkedIn profile, if available :
Last 5 digits of SSN :
Birthday without the year (MM/DD) :