A leading global financial services firm is currently seeking a Mainframe DB2 DBA to join their team in New York. This firm is active in investment banking, wealth management, securities, and investment management services.
This firm gives you the opportunity to work next to some of the best professionals in the business with cutting edge technology. The technology team's priorities include cloud computing, big data and analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence and cybersecurity as well as staying up to date on emerging technologies.
In this firm not only are you learning and working on prestigious projects but you also have the ability to give back to the community. This firm uses their business skills to help nonprofits and they volunteer globally. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone at any level looking to excel their career.
This candidate will work closely with application development, Db2 Operations, and Mainframe Computing areas to ensure database systems are performing and executing efficiently. You will proactively monitor Db2 database performance, guide the application team on performance & tuning, perform access path analysis and provide level 3 support to the Db2 Operations team.
- Analyze and trend performance of Db2 for z/OS systems
- Proactively identify performance issues or concerns
- Respond quickly to performance monitor alerts
- Perform capacity planning to ensure all Db2 for z/OS database systems grow proactively with the business
- Work with cross-functional teams providing required performance support and technical assistance
- Continuously interface with the application development teams and make recommendations that will improve overall software and configuration
- Train and mentor onshore and offshore DBA team members as appropriate
- 5+ years' experience as a Db2 for z/OS database administrator
- 2+ years' experience in an extensive Db2 for z/OS performance & tuning role
- Experience with Db2 for z/OS, version 10 or higher
- Experience with supporting a multi-terabyte environment with high throughput OLTP applications
- Proficiency in Db2 for z/OS systems performance tuning and capacity planning
- Proficiency in application related performance & tuning, access path analysis including extensive SQL code tuning
- Proficiency in the use of Db2 for z/OS monitoring tools (e.g. Sysview/DB2, Omegamon, CA Detector, RMF, etc.)
- Logical and physical database design skills
- Knowledge and understanding of a System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of application development & debugging tools (e.g. Data Studio, Visual Explain, etc.)
- Ability to code in REXX, HTML and java
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite for management reporting purposes