The goal of the Syncsort Mainframe Customer Success Manager is to stay closely engaged with strategic customers and multiple internal teams to drive customer success, ensuring retention as well as exploring opportunities for expansion. It is key to have deep technical knowledge of the mainframe. Also essential is a self-motivated and proactive attitude, as well as outstanding communication skills, so as to be able to liaison effectively on topics that span architecture, product issues, roadmap, customer projects, etc.
- Partner with strategic customers, staying proactively involved and regularly communicating to understand their use cases, issues, requests, upgrade plans, roadmap, and strategy, to ultimately ensure success with our software.
- Onboard new customers, ensuring attainment of the initial use case(s) for which they purchased product. Navigate through the typically high volume of issues/questions with initial product use (large volume of defects & support tickets, training gaps, etc.) by understanding priorities and coordinating Support, Engineering, and Services resources.
- Drive customer retention, getting visibility into and alleviating high-risk situations through proactive engagement.
- Land and expand opportunities - drive expansion of product use as well as potential adoption of other growth Syncsort products by exploring and understanding customer use cases.
- Understand and learn the customer’s environment and product use, and gain visibility into reasons inhibiting product use, communicating this information back to product management and engineering teams.
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams, and coordinate situations such as the delivery of a patch/build, prioritization of defects/enhancements, and escalation of support tickets.
- Engage customers on development of new features, working with them as design partners via coordination with customers, PM, and Engineering.
- Communicate with customers on product and company direction to find future synergies.
- Deep technical knowledge of Mainframe domain space to be able to navigate through support, services, and product issues.
- Knowledge of DFSort, MFX, Ironstream, and Athene is preferred.
- Prior experience (10+ years) in customer support or professional services, or prior experience in customer success.
- Ability to build relationships with key players at strategic customer accounts.
- Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills