Mainframe CICS / MQ Installer and Administrator
5 - 7 years experience • Information Services
Role : Mainframe CICS/MQ Installer and Administrator
Location : Troy, MI
Emp Type : Permanent Job
Interview : Phone/Skype
Experience : 4 - 10 years of experience
• SMP Installation, maintenance, and administration of CICS/MQ software. Manage deployments of maintenance releases, red-alerts, and emergency maintenance.
• Incident Management / Problem Management by performing problem analysis and
• Conduct software proof of concept and product evaluations when necessary
• Maintain standards and best practices documentation
• Support highly available, MQ, MRO and SRO CICS environments. Performance
tuning when necessary to meet SLA objectives.
• Support for application development and testing, and for the analysis and resolution
of problems with CICS/MQ product sets, in both production and non-production
• Ability to work withother data center groups to develop and implement processes
that enhance the supportinfrastructure for CICS/MQ product set, including
Automation, Change Management and Distributed MQ group.
• Collaborate with the CICS/MQ Production Support team on problem and incident
management, disaster recovery, sustained resiliency and capacity planning
requirements as needed.
• Drive creation and support scripted solutions for standard processes
• Drive creation and support for automated solutions for the environment
• Rollout new CICS/MQ versions across multiple LPARS and keep maintenance up to
• Excellent understanding of z/OS
• CICS Transaction Services & MQ Mainframe
• CICS Resource definition Online and batch mode.
• Building CICS regions and MQ Subsystems
• Configuration of CICS & MQ initialization parameters
• Troubleshooting and resolving system related abends and issues
• RACF Security administration/support for CICS and MQ
• Performance monitoring and tuning
• CICS intercommunication setup and maintenance
• Experience with Omegamon/TMON for CICS/MQ Monitoring Tools
• Experience with Scripting and Automating process and procedures
• Handling CICS/MQ connections and Manage Queues, knowledge of MQ Clusters
• Experience with CICS products - XPEDITER for CICS, Finalist, Smarttest, Abend-Aid
CICS, Omegamon/CICS, TMON/CICS, DADS, CICS BATCH, ODE is a plus
Expectations from the role :-
- Willing to work on callsupport.
- Adherence to defined call handling procedures and end to end responsibility
- till call completion.
- Willing to work in 24x7 shifts.