$100K — $150K *
Main Street Data Analytics Lead
The Bank & Main Street Lending Program As part of the Central bank of the United States, the Boston Fed works to promote sound growth and financial stability in New England and the nation. We contribute to communities, the region, and the nation by conducting economic research, participating in monetary policy-making, supervising certain financial institutions, providing financial services and payments, playing a leadership role in the payments industry, and supporting economic well-being in communities through a variety of efforts.
The Main Street Lending Program is designed to provide support to small and medium-sized businesses and their employees across the United States during the current period of financial strain by supporting the provision of credit to such businesses. The availability of additional credit is intended to help companies that were in sound financial condition prior to the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic maintain their operations and payroll until conditions normalize. Small and medium-sized businesses are integral to the U.S. economy and create jobs for a large share of the U.S. workforce.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston (FRBB) is administering special lending facilities through Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV) to support lending to small/medium-sized businesses and Not-for-profits due to exigent circumstances caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This position is responsible for portfolio analysis and reporting for the Main Street Lending Facilities. The position reports to the Senior Professional, Credit Management and will work closely with the SPV finance and accounting teams. Working with the SPV vendors, the individual will develop credit reporting for the portfolios. Reporting will be developed and prepared to demonstrate the performance of the portfolios and shall be shared with management from the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston (FRBB), the SPV, auditors, the Board of Governors and other constituents as needed. The individual would consider themselves an expert in the credit reporting and analysis with demonstrated capacity in developing reporting and working with outside vendors in assessing portfolio risks.
Responsibilities & Key Output:
• Develop and prepare reporting to analyze and monitor portfolio working with accounting team, Credit Administrator (CA) and Workout Advisor (WA).
• Deliver reporting needs across a range constituents, requiring flexibility and agility.
• Using reporting and analytics provide oversight/opinions on portfolio valuations prepared by either CA or WA, in collaboration with the Manager of Portfolio Management.
• Oversee models used by CA and WA to rate and value portfolios in collaboration with the Manager of Portfolio Management with the assistance of other quantitative support.
• Working with the entire Credit Team and accounting, assist in the preparation of loss forecasts using LGD and specific reserves for defaulted loans.
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position may supervise a limited number of employees and provide direction to less experienced staff members.
What You Bring:
• Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree.
• 7-10 years financial analysis and reporting experience
• Prior management experience
• Extensive experience with developing and preparing financial reports/analysis for portfolios
• Quantitative background a plus
• Flexible to consider and develop reporting for the program
• Ability to oversee and make recommendations on vendor models
• Candidates must be highly proficient in commercial loan reporting, trends, and developments. How You Will Be Successful:
• Demonstrate good judgment and well-reasoned decision making in situations that may involve complex issues, and public scrutiny.
• Manage relationships with excellent interpersonal skills as well as effective negotiation and conflict resolution.
• Deliver excellent written and oral communications, with proven ability to effectively package and present material to senior executives.
• Show the ability to manage across to peers, vendors, as well as up to a matrixed executive team while being a leader to direct reports and other resources.
• Prove to be a hands-on leader comfortable in building an operation from the ground up; someone that is truly not afraid to engage at all levels of work, with teammates at any level, for the greater good of the SPV.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
Valid through: 3/4/2021