Primary Job Function:
For large projects with multiple systems, the application architect is responsible for aligning technology solutions with business strategies, working primarily with management and technical specialists across functional disciplines. Participates in the development of the Abbott cloud infrastructure and understands the impact and needs of the applications. Supports the application and technical specialists in the multi-system application architecture and has a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs for the applications involved and the impact upon each other.
As a Magento Functional Architect, you will design and develop web applications and mobile solutions based on meeting the objectives of selling directly to consumers via a B2C webshop. You will work with project managers, graphic designers, Magento developers, IT professionals and business owners to deliver the very best in ecommerce solution for Abbott.
• Leading multiple, concurrent ecommerce development teams, and advising internal and external partners on requirements and desired capabilities
• Facilitating requirement-gathering sessions with client teams, including reviews with senior management
• Ensuring quality control processes are successfully employed, and that standards (PCI, PII, etc) are met
• Work with the DevOps team to manage environments and release quality solutions
• Reviewing or contributing to any estimating new project timelines, cost and resource needs
• Communicating progress, timelines and deliverables to client stakeholders
• Leading teams of on- and off-shore Magento teams
• Working with project managers and developer teams to ensure solutions are delivered timely and on budget
• Integrating highly customized third-party solutions using a range of commerce technologies
• Experienced in end to designs for eCommerce to include customer engagement, shopping experiences, web content, checkout, payment processing, and order fulfillment
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Leads teams consisting of other functional groups within the Abbott IT organization to establish technical strategies and the tactical plans to be positioned for the current and future needs of the business. Evaluates application system needs across multiple systems and develops corresponding application and logical data architectures and standards.
- Provides strategic consultancy support to clients, Senior Application Technical Specialists and other technical architects in all aspects of enabling technologies to meet business needs. Provides expertise on application architecture design or improvement. Considers the performance impact of the architecture.
- Communicates and educates the technical and business communities on current architectures and technologies and industry trends.
- Performs technical oversight of implementation projects to assure alignment with architecture and technology standards.
- Works closely with product vendors ensuring strategic and architectural fit, and ability of product to scale in order to meet Abbott requirements.
- Provides leadership as required in technical team projects. Assists IT management with technical training, guiding and evaluating less experienced IT and technical staff. May be involved in technical interviews
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent; MS CS or Engineering preferred
- 7+ years developing web applications using various technologies
- Thorough functional and code level knowledge of all Magento products and all relevant eCommerce technologies
- 3+ years deploying sophisticated Magento 1.x web applications (knowledge of 2.x a plus)
- Experience extending or customizing Magento Enterprise (experience with other frameworks such as Drupal, Demandware, Hybris and/or OS Commerce is a plus)
- Knowledgably on PCI version 3 onwards, and european regulations
- Demonstrated experience in leading development teams
- Success in leading hybrid on- and off-shore teams
- Strong PHP5 / Object Oriented Programming skills
- Responsive web development techniques
- Experience and knowledge of Amazon Webservices
- Exceptional problem solving
- Exceptional, client-facing communication skills, including telephone and in-person presentations
- Ability to adapt and pick up new technologies
- Consulting background is a plus