- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs of client's websites to project execution teams for implementation.
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains.
- Work with clients and internal teams to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Assist sales teams in project estimation and questions that arise during the pre-sales process.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change.
- Minimum 7+ years of professional experience with PHP
- At least 5 years of experience with Magento (Magento 2 experience is ideal)
- At least 2 years of experience with eCommerce
- At least 3 years of experience in a professional services company, consulting firm, or agency
- Have a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture.
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-shore teams
- Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction.
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural stand point.
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience with the agile delivery process
- Understands browser specific compatibility and performance issues
- Familiarity with relational database design and complex databases
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Desire to mentor younger team members and develop their skills.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be independent and self-driven.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Must be open to some travel (10-15%).
Preferred skills and education:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Magento Certifications
- Leadership experience with ability to provide strategic planning and oversight
- Experience leading customer workshop sessions to educate customers on the latest technology trends and best practices
- Track record of leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.