Gorilla is seeking a full-time Magento Architect to join our team. This person will assist in leading our Magento practice, acting as a lead on projects as well as developing the members of our team.
- Working with the Gorilla team on new projects, from initial interaction with clients during the requirements discovery phase through implementation and deployment of the completed project.
- Leading the technical direction during design and development processes by driving decisions and coordinating efforts with fellow Gorillas.
- Providing insight and effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders to demonstrate how the Magento solution will be leveraged to meet client business demands on new projects.
- Engineering leading-edge systems for clients in a variety of industries, with solutions targeting a variety of customer models including B2B and B2C engagements
- Provide technical oversight to the development team in order for them to complete development tasks successfully.
- Perform code reviews according to Gorilla process standards and technical requirements.
- Act as a subject matter expert as it pertains to website architecture and work with cross-functional teams within Gorilla to help resolve recurring site issues
- Working experience with the eCommerce development process and the ability to create solutions for common questions/concerns on this type of platform
- Ability to come up with accurate development estimates based on high-level business and/or technical requirements
- Ability to lead and mentor teams of engineers working on eCommerce solutions
- A keen interest in emerging technologies and how they might impact future design decisions and strategic directions
- 7+ years of experience in PHP building object-oriented websites
- 2+ years of experience with Magento, ideally holding a leadership role on at least 2 full scale Magento project
- Familiarity with the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern, and previous experience developing web applications using this pattern or on existing MVC framework
- Solid experience interacting with MySQL database systems through abstraction layer (in addition to the ability to write raw SQL queries)
- Excellent experience using PHP to create and consume web services (SOAP, XML-RPC) and/or other experience implementing data integrations within the platform
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Excellent level of verbal and written communication skills