MacOS Systems Engineer Project Manager
- Job Number: 70916854
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 22-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
The MacOS Systems team is looking for an engineering project manager with strong OS fundamentals, excellent communication skills, and an ability to work with a diverse range of people to drive software for new and sustaining hardware products. Every individual on our team makes a clear difference to the product. This role includes working with both hardware and software engineering teams to track and manage the software that ships with the next generation Macs. The ideal candidate will possess the ability and inclination not only to master these responsibilities, but also to help improve process.
- Extensive project management experience in software products or consumer electronics, with a good understanding of software development.
- Technical understanding of the macOS architecture is a big plus.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid technology fundamentals, as well as the ability to pick up new technology quickly.
- The ability to work in a highly matrixed / cross-functional capacity.
As an MacOS Systems EPM you will be responsible for overseeing software programs supporting the system bring-up and validation process for new products. You will drive a wide range of issues, drilling into the technical details and working with various engineering teams to resolve them. You will define, schedule, and prioritize cross functional tasks as well as track status with concise communication roll-ups within the software group and to cross-functional partners. This is a great opportunity for a project manager that is very interested in technology and wants to help drive and deliver MacOS software.
BS/MS in EE/CS/CE or equivalent knowledge and experience