The Global Process Engineer (High Productivity Machining) will join the Process Technology group and reports to the Director of Process Technology.Roles & Responsibilities:
- Utilizes experience and a strong understanding of CNC machining techniques and associated equipment design/function to improve current or develop new manufacturing processes to meet customer requirements. Is the lead or key contributor to high productivity machining strategy implementation.
- Delivers PM and TPM on new machining and automation platforms, focus on automated cell CORE deliverables.
- Designs fixturing, work holding, and tooling for existing and new processes. Develops tooling and fixturing strategies for high productivity.
- Executes technology transfers to meet production requirements. Collaborates with other CoorsTek sites around US and worldwide.
- Responsible for problem solving activities for complex issues that involve machining processes and associated equipment.
- Key interface with manufacturers that supply CNC and automation equipment to the company from specification setting through implementation into manufacturing.
- Participates in the planning and execution of qualification of new process installations.
- Manages projects including training and guiding plant engineering and manufacturing team members.
- Improves efficiencies by collaborating with manufacturing leadership, coordinating with maintenance / repair services and cross functional engineering teams to establish effective processes and procedures delivering results.
- Responsible for process improvements that deliver productivity improvements.
- Increase process efficiency by implementing/applying Lean, TOC, Six Sigma or other TQM process improvement methodologies.
- Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Software knowledge: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MasterCAM, Esprit, SolidWorks
- Travel domestically and international up to 50%.
- Must maintain high safety requirements including meeting local consensus safety standards.
- CNC programmer / CNC program designer / CAD designer
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering or related engineering discipline
- A minimum of 5-7 years of CNC programming experience required.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of Engineering experience required.