The Big Picture:
The Machining Manager will have the opportunity to utilize their expertise to develop and execute objectives and effect short term and long term business goals in a machining environment. In addition to the technical ability, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate sound, independent judgment and decision-making coupled with the ability to think "big picture" in relation to overall machining processes.
What needs to be done?
· Manage a team and coordinate day-to-day activities while enhancing workflow and efficiencies.
· Responsible for meeting the manufacturing deadlines as well as communicating business goals, processes and procedures for the entire machine floor.
· Responsible for keeping the work area, machines, and machine tooling inventory clean & organized and monitoring basic preventive maintenance of the equipment.
· Maintain accurate production scheduling initiatives in regards to machines, tooling, fixtures, and personnel.
· Evaluate existing manufacturing activity to ensure focus on core competencies, and identify future growth opportunities to maximize use of in-house machining and manufacturing capabilities.
· Manager responsibilities which include interviewing, hiring, training, monitoring work, performance reviews, career development, discipline and resolving issues in accordance with applicable laws and/or company policy.
What do you need to bring?
· Bachelor's Degree in business, manufacturing, or related field.
· 5+ years solid Production Supervisory/Manager experience in a manufacturing facility.
· Desire to come up with creative ideas to improve and develop new solutions for production planning efficiency
· Demonstrate machining know-how and people skills to provide hands-on management.
· Ability to work in a fast paced production environment.
· Excellent organization and analytical skills along with demonstrating a strong work ethic and superior technical abilities.
$250K - $300K
$80K - $110K