JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- G-code programs CNC machinery such as lathes and machining centers using Esprit CAM and some manual G-code programming.
- Creates and troubleshoots machining processes to manufacture product and demonstrates capability.
- Specifies and procures tooling to be used in machining components. Provides input for equipment procurement.
- Conceptualizes and designs fixturing and tooling using Solid Edge.
- Creates, set up sheets, procedures and documentation for the manufacturing process.
- Communicates and works with pieceworkers, vendors, customers, and internal cross functional departments. Is a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Requires minimal guidance to perform tasks and may lead small projects or project steps in larger projects.
- Typical assignments may include but are not limited to:
- Programming machining equipment and operating the equipment for test cuts/program proveout.
- Resolving safety, environmental and ergonomic issues.
- Drive process, quality and optimization improvements.
- Evaluation and implementation of employee suggestions.
- Development and implementation of new manufacturing processes.
- Perform cost analyses and then develop plans and implement solutions for cost reductions.
- Provide shop support and develop processes for new products.
- Perform capacity studies and provide solutions for equipment that is over capacity.
- Create and modify BOM’s and routings.
- Other assignments as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company’s 2025 Strategy.
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology degree required. Technical training and aptitude is required.
- Minimum 5 years CNC programming experience with a multitude of machining processes.
- Proficient in implementing machining processes and tooling used in production machining.
- Proficient at generating G-code CNC programs using CAM software (proficiency in Esprit CAM is a plus) and operating machinery for program proveout and test cuts. Must be able to manually program G-code and interpret G-code to anticipate machine functions.
- Proficient at the machining trade, measuring machined parts, and able to perform hands-on work as required.
- Excellent organizational skills as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Possess and apply strong problem solving skills with an analytical approach and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments and changing priorities.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in higher level functions of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently independently, cross functionally, or part of a team.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of machining and able to apply it to practices and procedures. Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Excellent print reading skills and use 3D CAD to create solid models, assemblies, and drawings. Understanding of GD&T is a plus.
- Ability to be effective working with shop floor employees and to adjust work schedules at times if needed.
- Able to gather and analyze data to make good fact based decisions.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Support
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
EOE, including disability/veterans
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: CNC, Developer, Machinist, Welding, Programmer, Technology, Manufacturing