GEO is seeking an experienced and talented vision algorithm R&D engineer. As a member of the Toronto team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Conduct exploratory and targeted algorithm research in a small and highly dynamic environment
- Lead, design and implement ground breaking vision algorithms (core and applied research), leveraging the latest advances in machine learning, advancing current and future GEO offerings
- Architect, prototype, develop and integrate such algorithms on embedded systems
- Help define the company’s R&D direction in Object Detection and Recognition
You are an accomplished Computer Vision / Machine Learning expert with a strong development background, who is self-motivated and passionate about your work. You have a deep expertise in at least one machine learning specialization and broad knowledge of the wider field. In addition, you must be a capable C/C++ programmer with demonstrable experience designing, prototyping, and delivering advanced algorithmic solutions via complete performant implementations. To this extent, showing an existing body of work is highly desirable. You also possess a demonstrable interest in staying up to date on new developments in machine learning in the field of machine vision, and able to apply that knowledge to challenging problems across multiple applications.
- MS., Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or Electrical and/or Computer engineering).
- 5+ years of industry experience with a strong focus on machine learning and in applying both well established and latest techniques to real world machine vision problems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong machine learning background, with hands-on experience in building embedded algorithms and applications
- Computer Vision – Object Detection/Recognition, scene/structure understanding
- Machine Learning/Pattern Recognition – Classification, Regression
- Data Mining techniques
- Experience with Deep Learning techniques (CNNs, RNNs).
- Familiarity with popular tools and packages like Caffe, Torch, Weka, MLLib etc.
- Strong background in mathematics and/or statistics is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability in both research and development.
- Intermediate to expert C and C++ coding skills.
- Proficiency in command-line tools and scripting.
- Experience in signal processing, image processing, and other related applied engineering fields a plus.
- Ability to work hands-on in cross-functional teams with a strong sense of self-direction.
- Ability to explain and present hypotheses and analysis results to a wide audience in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and in a team to research innovative solutions to challenging business/technical problems.
- Proficiency and experience in these languages/tools: Python, Matlab, OpenCV, GPGPU (Cuda/OpenCL/Metal)
- Experience in information retrieval and storage and distributed computing is a plus.