As the Machine Tool Sales Representative you are responsible for all machine tool sales. It is your responsibility to utilize the resources available to you ? client supplier, Service Manager, Application Engineers and your Manager ? in an effort to achieve a sale. Once the sale is made, your follow up to ensure the sale goes according to plan will foster a strong relationship with the customer.
Become knowledgeable about the role of an industrialdistribution company in the supply chain. Learn about the products, the customers and the suppliers.
Understand and fulfill the Benchmarks and Measurements as outlined for your department.
- Achieve / exceed annual sales objectives.
- Become the most technically knowledgeable Machine Tool Sales Representative in your market area. It is expected you will be able to truly help our customers solve their problems. Ultimately, you sell ?solutions? that helps our customers produce parts more efficiently at a reduced cost.
- You are expected to attend and actively participate in sales meetings, product training sessions and quarterly branch meetings.
- Follow up on all sales leads within five business days.
- Proactively call on and build relationships with customers that have the potential to buy CNC or conventional machinery. Do not wait for the leads to come in.
- Have 100% ownership for all Machine Tool Quotations in your territory.
- Every machine tool quotation is to include tooling along with any appropriate accessories.
- Ensure all quotations are presented in a neat and professional manner complete with literature and back up documentation where required.
- You are responsible to generate initial quotes for all machines where there is a template in the system. All other quotes are generated by our Executive Sales Administrator.
- It is the Machine Tool Sales Representative?s jobs to follow up on ALL quotations to determine the outcome. Ask for the order.?
Be able to professionally and effectively present the client and products to all levels in our customer organization ? from the owner to the decision maker and influencers throughout. You have to be computer savvy so our CRM tool is second nature to you. Other attributes that will serve you well is strong technical product knowledge and well developed organizational skills.
Five (5) years capital salesexperience, preferably in the machine tool sales field. Post secondary education in a relevant line of work. Good understanding of basic business principles.