Simi Valley, CA
Industry: Business Services•
11 - 15 years
Posted 35 days ago
We are seeking an experienced Machine Shop Manager. In addition to technical ability, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate sound, independent judgment and decision-making coupled with the ability to think "big picture" in relation to overall machining processes.
• Directs and manages the activities of the machine shop in order to produce quality product in order to meet client due date and specifications.
• Program, edit, set up, and run CNC mills and lathes
• Reviews orders/schedules to ascertain priorities for operations. Assigns work to subordinates.
• Set-up and run conventional machines as needed
• Reads and interprets mechanical drawings and procedures to facilitate manufacturability of machined parts.
• Monitor workload and schedules to ensure timely deliveries.
• Oversee planning sequences and review time standards for part routings.
• Assists design engineers to ensure manufacturability and/or modify drawings in order to produce products
• Organize manufacturing activities to support cost reduction targets, on-time, quality shipments that meet customer expectations.
• Provides equipment and industrial engineering and tooling
• Participate in the selection and justification of capital equipment.
• Assist Quality Assurance with the inspection of visual and dimensional functions
• Define all training, machinery, tooling, and process needs of the department.
• Trains and mentors less experienced machinist in machine shop disciplines
• Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
• Ensure preventative maintenance policies are adhered to and that unscheduled repairs take place in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
• Technical degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
• Minimum 10 years previous Machine Shop management experience preferably in an Aerospace environment.
• Must know Master Cam software
• Must have previous experience working in an AS9100 environment
• Solid understanding how to machine various materials (Aluminum, Titanium, Steel) efficiently and how to correct project inefficiencies.
• Previous experience working with MRP systems
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve machining problems.
• Skilled in the use of Measuring and Test Equipment (M&TE)
• Knowledgeable in advanced shop mathematics
• Must not be color blind or have vision that cannot be corrected.
• Computer literate
• Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Residence per ITAR definition
We offer the ideal candidate the opportunity to be part of a progressive organization along with a competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested parties please email resume.