Your Role with the Company:
The Machine Repair Manager will report to the Hot End Production Manager and will manage a Machine Repair department with around 10 - 20 union employees. He will oversee machine preventative maintenance program, procurement of machinery parts and continually develop the employees in the Machine Repair department.
What you will be doing:
- Perform administrative duties necessary for the effective management of the department such as employee safety, budget administration, labor relations, selection and development of employees, preventative maintenance programs, meeting organizational goals and objectives, and measuring work performance of the department.
- Plan and estimate costs on machine repairs for glass forming machines as well as machine rebuild with assistance from corporate machine group for four glass containers lines.
- Plan and direct the moving, and installation of glass machines, feeder mechanisms, shear mechanisms, as well as related equipment and administer an effective preventative maintenance program.
- Order replacement parts and assist in proper inventory of parts.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, with other departments, the union, and corporate.
What you will need:
- Ideal candidate will possess an undergraduatedegree engineering or related discipline. Will consider equivalent experience in place of degree.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience as a Machine Repair Manager.
- Must have a minimum of 12 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have basic computer skills and have knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Applications.
Why Work Here?
This multi-billion-dollar company is a global leader in glass and metals packaging. This is a growing company that produces packaging for many of the world's leading food and beverage giants. US sales total around $2Billion and they employ about 5,000 people domestically.
- Growth oriented global company and a leader in their industry.
- It is a progressive, profitable, stable manufacturing company where you have job security.
- Excellent opportunities for advancement both domestically and internationally.
- Strong career succession planning program.
- Capital spending is strong. Have invested millions of dollars in its plants for capital improvements.
- Fairly recession proof. Manufactures a consumer product that is consistently in demand.
- Strong management team.
- Company that values its employees.
- Competitive benefit package including medical, dental, life and disability, 401K, pension, vacation, holidays.
- Comprehensive relocation package grossed-up for taxes including closing costs and realtors' fees, moving of household belongings and home purchase if desired.
- Annual bonus opportunity.
- This is a unique business and a career within the organization will be both challenging and rewarding for the right candidate.